“We loved the quiet and cleanliness” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mahina Surf

Mahina Surf
A TripAdvisor Member
“We loved the quiet and cleanliness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2005

We had come over for a wedding and the friends that we came over with suggested staying with them. The location was easy to find,which was helpful. We loved the quiet and cleanliness of the grounds.Everything was better than expected. We are planning on going over again in May 2005 and staying at Mahina Surf just for the relaxation. Aloha

• Stayed May 2003
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2004

This turned out to be the most wonderful place for a holiday. The ocean and sunset views are second to none. The unit are nicely equipped including full kitchens. Although there was no air conditioning, bit was not needed with the nice trade winds which blow through the condominium. There were also two ceiling fans which kept it very pleasant. It was very nice to have high speed internet access available at no extra charge to keep track of family email and news. You will really enjoy the park like setting of this condominium with the beautiful gardens and flowers. It certaily deserves a 5 star rating!

• Stayed December 2004
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2004

This is a pretty place but they have too many rules. We are a family of six and they had a rule of no noise after 8pm. There is no air conditioning so you have to keep your windows open and so any talking you do will be heard. Of course at 8 we are not ready to be completely quiet so it made me feel uncomfortable that we were on vacation and I basically had to make the kids whisper. The no A/C really is too hot even with the windows open. It is neat that the turtles swim in the water just outside the condos. The pool is a good size. The units are a bit old but OK. The staff is nice and accommodating. You can't swim in the ocean here but we knew that. Maui is just not Kauai which is probably why it was a bit of a dissapointment to be here. It is an OK place to go but I wouldn't go back again because I don't want to be told when I have to be soooo quiet.

14 Thank Linda L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2004

Some of the units are a bit old. I peeked at the neighbor's 2 bedroom unit and it was newer compared to where we stayed. The best thing about where we stayed it had everything, cooking utensils, books, guides, and beach gear.

The previous reviews posted here were mostly accurate. All units face the ocean, there are turtles at sun set, bbq grills were very useful, and the management was outstanding.

I can confirm that the sprinklers start at 5:30AM everyday. The first night was annoying but after that I did not even feel them.

We went in August and it was HOT!!!. Air condition would have been nice but we knew this when we made the reservations but the heat caught us off guard. We usually go to Maui either before or after the summer.

Overall, we really had a nice experience; the grounds were very well kept. If you are expecting a 5-star resort look somewhere else.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2004

I was invited to stay with a friend. (He paid) It was great! I counted 15 turtles just off shore one night waiting for the best sunset I have ever seen. The locals sit by the pool every night around 5:00 and B.S.
Over all I hope I was not Maui spellbound but I would like to return someday.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2004

This place was just wonderful. Every condo has such a beautiful view. We fell asleep to the sound of the ocean everynight. We stayed here from 3/24/04-4/1/04. The sunsets are indeed some of the best I have ever seen in my life. We saw whales jumping every day right from our lanai. Our condo was very clean and stocked with everything you need, especially in the kitchen. There is laundry facilities there, too. There is a fish market and supermarket just a 2 minute drive away. We grilled fish or steak every night on the BBQ grills that are on the property. It is very easy to make friends with your neighbors. The rental staff is awesome and will help you with whatever you need. I have traveled to Europe, South America, the Bahamas and all across the mainland. This was one of the best places I ever stayed. I really enjoyed staying in a condo vs. hotel.

• Stayed December 2004
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2004

My wife and I spent our one year anniversary at the Mahina Surf.
Learned about the place from a local resident. We found the condo, its grounds, staff, and entire experience as nice and fullfilling as one can hope. We would recommend the place to anyone. It is private yet conveniently located, clean and homey within, yet spectacular just one step out the lanai. The views are worth framing, sunsets like dreamscapes, the lapping of waves wake you each morning. Still a good deal, but recommend you get in before prices go up.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member