“Great place to stay”

Hale Mahina Beach Resort
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in B 401 and we had the best time. They had recently remodeled and the décor and furnishings were lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed the beach, it has easy access and we spent every day enjoying the warm water. The pool was lovely, but we didn't really use it when the ocean was RIGHT there calling our names. LOL. Our unit didn't have air conditioning, but it was do-able. There was a breeze every evening. Actually the only "cons" I can think of was it was really quite windy at this location, which we've never experienced before in Maui. REALLY windy a few times where the sand on the beach would actually hurt when it hit you. Maybe it was a fluke. Also there was construction going on in the condo next to us where they were very loud removing tiles and running saws, but I guess that can't be predicted. :( All in all, truly one of the best times we've ever had in Maui, and a good value for beachfront and near Kaanapali, Lahaina, etc. LOVED it.

Room Tip: B 401 is a corner unit with a nice cross breeze to cool you down at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Samandscruff
There are newer reviews for Hale Mahina Beach Resort

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My family just finished the most amazing vacation at Hale Mahina in this unit. Everything about it was perfect. The views are spectacular! The master bedroom and bath are off the hook. All day and night you hear the waves crashing. So many thoughtful special details throughout the condo. The kitchen is loaded with every possible utensil Appliance beautiful dishes great heavy pots and pans. We love to cook and it was just terrific. all of the beds were so comfortable with soft high thread count sheets and cozy king size pillows. Many fluffy oversized beachtowels boogie boards and snorkel gear were also there for us to use. This unit is particularly special because it is on the top floor and the cathedral ceilings are just gorgeous wooden planks. It felt quite spacious with my husband tonight and our three children in their 20s. The grounds of the condo are also meticulously cared for with loads of gorgeous flowering trees and a beautiful pool and hot tub. I would've cried when we left if we weren't heading for the onion house on the big Island. Thanks Randy and family for a wonderful vacation in Maui!

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank ssdLongislandny
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at The Fish condo as we had stayed in other condos nearby and had seen the building. The advantage of the Hale Mahina is that it has a beautiful pool and jacuzzi on the ocean side with a wide lawn before the nice beach (with large turtles feet away from shore and often visiting the shore) so it creates a very nice social area for activities and as a view from your balcony. The Fish Condo is on the 4th floor which creates great ocean views from the generous balcony and two story ocean view window and there is an elevator close to the front door to make the climb easy. Having a good shower and bath on each floor was also convenient as is having one bedroom on each floor. The condo was very clean and very well stocked with beach gear and kitchen tools and we had a great time! You can't beat it for the price and for my taste I would much rather be there with an "at home" feel than in a much more expensive hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 25 May 2014

In mid April 2014, my family stayed in Fish Condo A-406 for 13 days. It was WONDERFUL!!! The condo is decorated very cute and spacious and the kitchen is to die for stocked with everything you need and then some! It is right on the beach with a view so beautiful.Lots of huge Turtles, Whale sightings galore and yummy yummy sunsets and rainbows. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms stocked with your every need! Linda (the owner) is a phone call away if you need ANYTHING!!!! There are so many extra things provided like boogie boards, coolers for picnics, BBQ's, etc etc.When I vacation I like to pick a location that is NOT a "Party" place. I want quiet and less people. This is that place. We will be staying there on a regular basis!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pat G
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just returned from a week in Maui, where we stayed at the Fish Condo, A-406 at the Hale Mahina Beach Resort. It was the perfect place for my sister and me to unwind. Cheerful, fun fish decor, nicely appointed kitchen and comfortable beds. We had our coffee on the lanai each morning and saw plenty of turtles and even whales breaching in the distance. I stayed in the guest bedroom, which does have road noise, as mentioned in other posts, but I can't say it bothered me that much. I know when I first stayed at this complex, I was worried about the lack of air conditioning, but it really is not a problem with doors and windows left open, thanks to the tradewinds. We had a great time snorkeling every day at a different spot and driving around the island. But probably our favorite times were just hanging around the condo and swimming/snorkeling at the little beach there. It may not be Honolua Bay (a can't miss BTW), but it is convenient and I actually saw a fair number of fish... just steps from the condo! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view and the Fish Condo is on the top floor of the building
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rebs2700
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This condo has a lovely view of the water and all the amenities you could want. It's on the top floor so there's a lovely loft area, perfect for parents while the kids sleep below on the fold-out couch. Our daughters started in the additional bedroom, but road noise was hard to keep out with the louvered windows. Other reviews mention this, and my suspicion is that the building is now old enough so these windows can never be completely closed- hence the road noise. But on the beach side of the building, the sound of wind and waves blocks out any road noise. That and the plentiful pool toys, beach and snorkeling gear and well-stocked kitchen made for a lovely visit. It was the end of March, so we not only saw turtles in the water, but one came up on the beach, and there were whales breaching in the distance. For families with young children, I would highly recommend the Fish Condo. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Add another thumbs-up to the list for the Fish Condo! We stayed there last week with our tween niece and we think it's the best place we've ever stayed in Maui (this is our 4th trip). She loved it, too! Beachfront views with turtles on the sand nearly every day and absolutely everything you could need - from plentiful cooking utensils to coolers (we took one to picnic on Haleakala) to boogie boards and the most comfortable beds and pillows ever (and I'm picky). There was even freshly-made ice in the freezer and a tropical floral bouquet to welcome us! Imagine a good friend with stylish, whimsical taste and a love of comfort invited you to stay at their place in Maui - that's what staying at this condo feels like. It feels like the vacation home you wish you had. Linda, one of the owners, is quick with responses and we would absolutely consider staying here again. The Hale Mahina property in general is good for people who prefer a quieter stay, and while there were lots of kids, they were all pretty well-behaved. If you want to play 'Marco Polo' in the pool or have loud parties on the lanai, this is not the place for that. If you don't mind a few common-sense rules that maintain consideration for everyone, then it's a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family