“Way More Than Just Fresh”
Review of Bamboo Fresh

Bamboo Fresh
Ranked #86 of 275 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Bamboo Fresh is Lahaina-town's local and sustainable cafe. Offering wraps, salads, rice bowls, bagels, coffee & smoothies. Garden to table, locally grown, organic and fresh. Featuring local pork, beef, tofu, coffee, and fresh seasonal fruits & vegetables. Select one of our signature items or build your own. Small cafe seating and take out available. As this is a small kitchen and everything is made fresh to order, it is highly recommended to call in advance during peak lunch hours.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We always seek out the places where the locals go and this is one. The address has changed to 505 Front St. Maui, HI, where we found free, off-street parking nearby so make sure to look for it rather than the hourly pay lots in the same area.

Bamboo Fresh is much more than it's name. It's mostly locally grown organic too. This day our order, containing both veggie and non-veggie wraps, was prepared to order by the owner who's passion for serving good, healthy food at modest prices is unequaled in Maui.

Not only were the wraps the best we've ever eaten, they were so meticulously assembled that when cut diagonally they exposed a colorful array more resembling a sushi pattern than a wrap. We accompanied ours from the seemingly endless combinations of great tropical fruit smoothies.

Enjoy and Aloha

1  Thank J T

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The food was very fresh and different than some of the other quick places around. I got the tofu and spice wrap and my husband got the mama's wrap. They were both very good with fresh ingredients. My only (slight) complaints are that the prices seemed a little high ($10 each wrap al la carte) and there is only one person working which makes the wait for a veggie wrap about 15-20 minutes, also their hours are odd (M-F 11-7, SaSu 12-5) but they serve bagels and coffee, you'd think they might have more morning hours...maybe with time and more success.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I ate at bamboo fresh often during my vacation to maui. The food really is fresh. I inquired about where it's sourced and it comes from sustainable farms across the small island. My favorite were the coconut and papaya shakes, my traveling partner liked coconut pineapple blueberry. The salads are huge, the wraps were good, but the da pig rice box was my favorite. The owner seems to really support getting healthy food to everyone and has priced the food much lower than i would expect so the local surfers and surf instructors can also afford it. I paid three times more for dinners at local restaurants only to be disappointed and ill afterwards. This place has not only the best quality food on the island, but it's also the best value i could find. Skip the tourist joints and save you money and health by eating here.

There was often a line here and the place is quite small, so think relaxed lunch and smoothie spot rather than starbucks. My highest recommended cafe on the island followed by joy's in kehei!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

First impressions was that the restaurant could use a cleaning. Attendant behind the counter paid no attention to us while she talked on her cell phone while making someone's wrap. Her other phone rang, which she answered, then went back to her cell phone. Did not wash her hands at any point after touching any of her phones. Waited for quite awhile without even being acknowledged. Walked out without ordering and found another place to eat that had better sanitary practices.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have stopped her a few times while on my vacation. The fruit smoothies are amazing, loved the one with fresh and i mean fresh coconut ginger. Fresh vegetables with protein of your choice. I liked the baked turkey. Wrap. Larger portions, I ate half for lunch, half for dinner. Really great fresh food.