“Incredible Snorkel Tour”

Maui Spearfishing Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Be PROUD of the fish you catch and the skill you gain with Maui Spearfishing Academy! We only target big Game and Invasive species. We'll teach you how to dive and hunt in a sustainable a respectful way. Let us be the highlight of your trip. Just look at our reviews!
Porterville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible Snorkel Tour”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Bobby and his assistant Westin took my family on a snorkel tour. We had never done one before and it was incredible. We were novices and they patiently and professionally taught us what to do to snorkel safely, but still have a lot of fun! We saw many beautiful examples of fish, octopus, dolphins, sea turtles and coral. They also taught how how to dive underneath safely for our experience level. They know the oceans of Maui well. This was the experience of a lifetime for us. We would do this again in an instant.

Portland, Oregon
“Father & son first spearfishing experience. Awesome!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My son & I went out today for the Spearfishing 101 course. It was such an amazing experience for us. The in depth knowledge gained from this trip was priceless. Im a former Marine and Navy sailor and still found this dive informative & challenging. The professionalism and dedication to maintaining the native ecosystem was so awesome to see by the staff. Im very thankful choosing Maui Spearfishing Academy. Thank you very much Bob.

Manhattan Beach, California
“In-depth free dive experience”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have been freediving and spearfishing for 30+ years.
MSA is the real deal.
Bobby's class taught me more in 4 hours than I learned in 10 years as a member of a freediving club.
His primary emphasis is on safety, and that is the foundation. You also learn how to read conditions, how to anticipate your body's response to apnea, how to manage anxiety, how to maintain that calm feeling.

To top it all off, he has a gift for teaching that you do not commonly find. This class is essential for novice snorkelers through veteran freedivers.

I also benefited from the participation of Bobby's associate Joey who leads their spearfishing trips. Joey is a excellent freediver as well. Super chill guy, with heaps of local insight of Maui waters to put you on top of the fish.

All in all, very fun trip packed with indispensable information.

- Joe D, Manhattan Beach, CA

Visited June 2014
Camarillo, California
“Phenonmenal Snorkel adventure for the family - Worth every penny”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Although his passion appears to be saving the reef and Maui eco-system, Bobby is also a tremendous snorkel guide for all ages and experience levels. Our family booked a beach snorkel through The Snorkel Store (also top rate - Five Stars) and we were skeptical as we thought we would somehow be missing something by not taking a boat to the Molokini crater or another destination. Our concerns quickly disappeared at Bobby's obvious knowledge of the area, friendliness, and charisma. He made all of us feel very comfortable before we even got in the water and we continued to be comfortable and in awe of his knowledge and patience with all our questions throughout the excursion. When we return, we plan to participate in Bobby's free-dive and spear fishing excursion. We certainly feel as though our money was well spent.

Lakeside, California
“A must do!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Bobby and TJ are the real deal! Cant say enough about how good the experience was. Fun AND educational.
I've been diving/spear fishing off and on for 25 years, I learn techniques and strategies that improved my skill level tremendously! Like I said - MSA is a must do!

Visited June 2014