“Great Food; Super Friendly People”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crying Thaiger Maui - CLOSED

Crying Thaiger Maui
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Delicious Thai-Fusion cuisine in a comfortable, "come as you are" sidewalk cafe style setting. With outdoor seating and plenty of on-site parking. Walking distance to shopping, bars and nightclubs in the heart of historic Lahaina town.
Alberta, Canada
“Great Food; Super Friendly People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We just had an delicious meal. We had the Pad Thai and Satay both were tasty. We had mild/med and found it had some heat. The people running the stand were great at explaining the menu and how spicy everything was. Our 11 year old loved the chicken satay. We'll be back!!

• Visited April 2013

San Jose, California, United States
“Great Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

This little trailer is right across the street from the Westin Villas. It is great for that night that you are just too tired to go back to restaurants and you just want to enjoy the food in your hotel. They make fresh to order. Not too many things on the menu but I had the Pad Thai with colossal shrimp for only $12. Big enough to be shared. They accept credit cards. They customize how spicy you want your dish. Right next to it there is a hot dog truck for the kids that sell "waffle dogs".

• Visited March 2013
Maui, Hawaii
“Best Thai Food on Maui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Maui has a surprising slim number of Thai food options and most of them are frankly horrible. Based on this I was reluctant to try out the Crying Thaiger food cart. Boy am I glad I did!

The menu is small, which is such a great thing, they are able to really focus on the quality and freshness of the food items they offer. After talking with Steve, you can really see his vision of creating "street food" for a Maui audience. I have had the Pad Thai ( by far the best on the island) the Spicy Minced Chicken Salad (Larb) and the Green Papaya Salad - all made fresh and with excellent flavoring. Be sure to pick your hotness level, if you like it hot they will make you happy.

The price is great and the sizes generous, I really can't think of a better way to get a good meal and support at great local business all in one shot.

1 Thank hanksnow5
Bellingham, Washington
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was an unexpected surprise! It's a food truck next to the Sugar Cane Train station, and the food was amazing! I must say the spring rolls & meat skewers were some of the best food we had while in Maui. The homemade peanut sauce is the best I've ever had! Highly recommend!

Visited March 2013
Paia, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing peanut sauce!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

I am a Thai-foodie! And very picky when it comes to my Thai. This place was great!! I had the chicken skewers, perfectly cooked moist chicken served with some seriously delicious homemade peanut sauce, the padthai - perfect and fresh, and the spring rolls. The spring rolls rocked, perfect consistency and they had a delish sweet-lime sauce that topped perfectly.
I was planning on doing take out, but the location is very relaxing - picnic tables, view of ocean, and nice breeze, so we stayed and enjoyed sunset along with dinner. Oh, and for Maui- very reasonably priced!!
Highly recommend!! I'll def be back!

• Visited February 2013