“Lousy service for the price”

Kobe' Japanese Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kobe' Japanese Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 263 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Luakini
Transit: The Maui Bus stops at the Wharf Shopping center 1/2 block from the restuarant.
Description: Enjoy the exciting, ancient art of teppanyaki cooking at the restaurant voted number 1 Japanese restaurant on Maui. Teppanyaki is derived from "teppan" which means iron plate and "yaki" which means grilled. At Kobe, it is delivered with the style and grace of a Japanese country inn. Blend in the gentle aloha of Hawaii, you will experience an evening where terrific food and entertainment are the perfect combination. After a delicious bowl of shabu-shabu soup, your teppan chef will begin to cook up an entrée of dishes, right in front of you, cooking it to tasty perfection, while watching him do the "flaming onion volcano", one of their many culinary tricks. Another favorite at Kobe is to sit in the sunken sushi bar and order one of uncle Oku's fabulous daily specials and enjoy watching the chefs masterfully create their delicious sushi. Oku prides himself on the high quality of fresh fish he chooses from local vendors. Approximately 95% of Oku's fish comes from Hawaii, and the balance of his menu consists of exotic items imported from Japan. The restaurant décor features many historical ornaments and artifacts to provide an authentic feel of Japan, the mother country. Kobe Japanese Steak House & Oku's Sushi Bar delights visiting guests and Island locals alike. Come and join us for a great meal today!
San Diego, California
“Lousy service for the price”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our concierge made reservations and told them that we were celebrating a promotion. We were seated on time and had two other nice couples. Our waiter asked if anyone had Hawaiian Ids as they would receive a 20% discount. While taking our drink order, the woman next to my husband got out her I'd. Our waiter stopped taking our order and turned his attention to that couple. He then checked the id's of the other couple. He tHen thanked them for supporting their business for x number of years. next he took their orders and then he returned to us. no thanks for our support. Chef was nice although hard to understand. We sang happy birthday to the two other couples. No mention of our celebration. At the end, waiter told each couple how much money they saved loud enough for me to hear. Again, thank yous to them and not to us. I dont care about the ohana discount. but really, doesnt our business count? There are more facts but the bottom line is if you aren't Hawaiian, they don't want you. At least not this waiter jiya. Won't be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mary-Ellen B

Sacramento, CA
“Great Benihana style restaurant”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great restaurant. Prices are reasonable. They cook right at your table. The chef puts on a great show.

• Visited July 2014
Santa Cruz, California
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I come here whenever I'm in Maui. I love this place! It's so much fun! The food is always good, the drinks are delicious and you get an awesome show while your dinner is being cooked. My husband and I love sitting at the tables and meeting new people. We'll be going back very shortly!

• Visited August 2013
San Diego
“A pretty good value for the "chef show"”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We ate here twice during our stay. In addition to preparing the food at your table, they have a dedicated sushi bar, which makes this a one stop for the Japanese food addict. Reservations are recommended, and they offer a $5 rebate toward the $10 for parking across the street. You can park there all evening, but you have to bring your ticket in to the restaurant for the rebate and they keep the ticket, so don't do this until you are ready to leave Lahaina.

I had the steak and chicken combo. The first time my dinner was great. The second time there were some bites of chicken and steak that I could not chew, so it's a mixed review on that night. My daughter had sushi and said it was good. The prices are much better than the Teppan Yaki Dan at the Sheraton (about 40% less) and having eaten both places, I would say they are comparable in quality.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank travelNReviewer
Lubeck, Germany
“Great entertainment by the head chef”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

the head chef is very talented with his knifes and gave a good show, The shrimo pupu was very good as well as then chicken and beef teppanyaki.

Visited June 2014