“Awesome menu and great food”

Koa's Seaside Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Koa's Seaside Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 275 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kaanapali Shores Pl.
Transit: Papalau Street (bus stop)
Description: Koa’s Seaside Grill is soon going to be called Koa 156º. The outstanding oceanfront view is coupled with an eclectic and delightful new menu that offers fresh local seafood as well as the finest meats and creative vegetarian options, using Hawai’i’s unique ingredients to create dishes that are not only tasteful but also beautifully presented.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had never visited Koa's on any previous trips and I am sorry I hadn't. This came as a recommendation from a local and it did not disappoint. My server was a bit slow and not very enthusiastic (the table next to us had the most extraordinary server with so many suggestions and helpful comments so we were a bit jealous haha) but either way he was not enough to ruin our experience. The most difficult thing about eating here was choosing what to eat from their menu of delicious options and that is always a good problem to have. I ended up going with the Ahi tuna but also tasted everything else that came to the table! All 3 of us loved our meals. We also got a side of the lobster mac and it was forgotten by the waiter but when it did come (AFTER we finished eating everything else) it was worth the wait. The waiter did apologize for HIS mistake but still charged us for it which I thought was kind of crappy. Regardless, I wish I had discovered this restaurant sooner because the food was one of the best I have had in Maui! The view of the sunset was also fantastic. I would recommend making a reservation as it can get very busy around sunset.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Drink order took 15 minutes and one of the 6 was wrong. 3 of the 6 didn't taste particularly good. The adult meals were good, but the kids food was only ok.

1  Thank Melanie S
Koas Seaside G, General Manager at Koa's Seaside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Aloha Melanie -

My name is Buff Weaver and I am the GM of Koa's Seaside Grill. I would like to personally apologize for the experience you had at Koa's Seaside Grill.

We try very hard for each of our very important clients to have a great time and be fully satisfied with the service we provide and the food we serve.

Obviously, we fell short with your party, and once again, for that I am sorry.

If you would be so kind as to provide me with the name of your server and the approximate time that you dined with us, I will look into the events that led to your less than perfect dining experience. If you prefer, please give me a call at 808.667.7737, so we can discuss the details of your situation and I can pinpoint exactly what I need to do to take corrective actions.

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience, I hope you give me and the entire Koa's Seaside Grill team a chance to make it up to you.

Please call me at your earliest convenience.

Mahalo!

Buff Weaver
Koa's Seaside Grill
Work: 808-667-7737
Fax: 808-442-1024

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were looking for a seafood restaurant that had good food before the Burn 'n Love show at the Maui Theatre and decided on this restaurant. We selected the seafood crusted fish and the kalua pork and cabbage! We shared the dishes and thought the fish was a meaty and tasty but small portion for the price but the kalua pork and cabbage was very moist and a great portion for the price. Great view on the water.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We (three) ate here twice in late June, in mid-afternoon. Dining area sits just above the shore with good views of Lanai and the ocean sports and boats. They offer a mid-day abbreviated menu and happy hours pricing on some drinks (e.g., $2 off mai tais). We tried their fish and chips - two good sized fish fillets with a light beer-batter coating and lots of fries, both well prepared. Also tried their Maui nachos - huge serving with lots of toppings, especially pulled pork. Their mai tai were very good as well. Lastly, the serve was excellent both times - friendly, attentive staff.

1  Thank quilttraveler2
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spend most of our Aprils on Maui, and were delighted to see a new beach-side restaurant in Lahaina that serves fabulous Maui produce! AND that would allow us to pick and choose what we felt like eating... that night being a delicious "warm bread" salad, with the local catch on top! We actually dined there 3 times during our vacation and were all three times provided with fast and friendly service, and outstanding food - at the most reasonable prices! Delightful. Thanks, Koa!