Tiki Beach Hostel
Official Website
US$443
US$388
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$237
US$445
US$537
US$491
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$280
US$578
US$333
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsbunk bedssurf boardsother guestsfantastic locationdowntown lahainapalm treesa great stayair conditioningfull kitchenhalehawaiicurtainsbeddinghanaocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed there for a week and was going to stay at another hostel up the road which was further out of the way and far more cramped. But tiki is awesome for location and facility. They have an outside shower which i used every chance i had. There were only 4 beds to the girls room so it wasnt over crowded. The back patio and garden were great after a day at the beach which is less than a 5 min walk. I had a day i wanted to stay outta the sun. I relaxed back there. Napped and hung out with chris. Chis is awesome. Hes social and kind. Loves to meet people, is a good time and easy friend to make. The house was kept up pretty clean. I hated the carpet they put in the bathroom. Kinda nasty with all the foot traffic... Kimo who ran the place was a cool guy too. I was a solo woman traveller. Never felt uneasy. But i did keep to myself more than the average person.
There is a church and school behind the property so be aware you hear little kids playing all day. Better than traffic which is what i hear at home.
One complaint! The office is in the garage which is attached to the ladies room. I was rudely woken at 6 am by kimos boss talking business on the phone who ignored my tapping on the window as a nice... Shut up! But otherwise awesome home n good people.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lingardia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The place is scary. It's a total bummer. I didn't feel safe. The actions and behavior of the staff and Manager made things even worse. It was creeepy. This was possibly the wierdest hostel I have ever stayed at - not a good wierd. I had planned to stay longer but I left as soon as I could. I was just glad to get away to someplace else where I would feel comfortable. If you are an alcoholic or a pot addict, it's the place for you.

4  Thank TravellerboyUSA
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed in hundreds of hostels all over the world and I can easily say Tiki Hale is by far my favorite hostel the world over.
It's clean, right on the beach, has a GREAT staff (Chris is an amazing host) that creates a very social atmosphere. I can't wait until my next visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I travelled to Maui myself and was honestly a bit nervous about being lonely on this romantic island. But it turned out to be one of the best trips I've ever done. I met some great people from around the world also solo traveling and staying at the Tiki Hale. The staff were super sweet. Rooms, bed and bathroom were clean and they have a cute backyard where we would all meet in the evenings to exchange stories about our day's adventure, play music and one evening BBQ. The hostel is in an ideal location with a beginner's surfing beach right behind it and plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was taken back by how wonderful the up keeping of the hotel is, when you think of a hostel you assume its going to be average but it was a beautiful house, sick location and the people Kimo,Andy and Chris were the best hosts you could ask for, I felt at home here, everyone shared and enjoyed themselves.I recommend this place to anyone and everyone xoxox jumpinjax