“Great Ice Cream and Cookies”
Review of BanyanTreats

BanyanTreats
Ranked #6 of 25 Dessert in Lahaina
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: BanyanTreats is an ice cream and cookie shop located in the Pioneer Inn Shops at the corner of Front and Hotel Streets, right next to Lahaina's Banyan Tree Park. Enjoy your ice cream cone while sitting in our window seat, or take a stroll under the cool shade of the magnificent Banyan Tree. Our specialty is the Honi Kuki Ice Cream Sandwich-a generous scoop of Maui's own Roselani ice cream between your choice of two freshly baked Honi Kukis. We also serve Hawaiian Shave Ice, smoothies and shakes.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Someone had told us about Banyan treats so we thought we'd go try it. Well my 9 year old fell in love with the Mo'o (ice cream, cookie and the little eyes they put on it). We stopped by the shop 3 times on our 2 week visit. The staff was helpful and friendly, the ice cream and treats were terrific and on my last visit I picked up a package of cookie mix to re-create my experience when I get home. The shop is also decorated beautifully. If you want ice cream and cookies, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stumbled upon Banyan Treats while on holiday in Maui. We thought it was still the Maui Cookie company. The name has changed but the treats remain the same. whew. We got Hawaiian Shave Ice every day. You must get the vanilla ice cream underneath. Especially when it all starts to meld together. sooooo gooood. Short lines and friendly staff help make this a perfect experience in downtown Lahaina.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We had a hard time locating this store. I had read that it was a must do on Maui, but could not locate it. When we finally figured it out, my 10 year old was in heaven!! You pick out what kind or kinds of cookies you like, then the kind of ice cream you like and they put them together for your own designer ice cream sandwich. Yummy!!!! It is a must do in Maui!!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is a great little spot for some shaved ice or ice cream on a hot afternoon in Lahaina. I love coconut ice cream. Service was good, prices were good. Location is perfect.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This place offers a special treat - an ice cream cookie sandwich. You pick two cookies (I picked chocolate chip macadamia and chocolate chocolate chip macadamia) and ice cream to go in between (I chose haupia - a local Hawaiian coconut pudding flavor). Delicious!

Been to BanyanTreats? Share your experiences!