“Wonderful Sunset Sail” 5 of 5 bubbles

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful Sunset Sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have been sailing for over 20 yrs. and really wanted to experience sailing in Maui. We were definitely impressed with our sunset sail on the "Scotch Mist". The crew was knowledgible and fun. Almarose, no bigger than a minute, actually hoisted the main hand over hand, not using a winch until the very end. Gene and Turk were great conversationists. The champagne was excellent too. Definitely a "must do" while in Maui.

Northern California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Loved the Sunset Sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We booked the trip for my father in law's birthday present. We had a wonderful time. The views of the islands, and the sunset were dramatic and well worth it

California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fantastic Sunset Sail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Chasing the sunset on the Scotch Mist was sooooo much fun!! You will be asked to stow your sandals and handbags below deck before boarding but no worries! You will appreciate that if you decide to move about the boat while holding a camera in one hand and your bottomless champagne cup in the other! Or, find yourself a favorite spot on the boat and just enjoy the ride! The 2 deck hands are very attentive and manage to keep the drinks and chocolates coming while tending to the sails all at the same time! Gene and Gene Jr are those type of guys you just want to hang out with. They make this a casual laid back experience and truly love what they do!! I can't wait to do it again!!!! Mahalo to the entire crew of the Scotch Mist for giving us such a good time!!!

Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“An Authentic Sailing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I grew up on a sail boat in the San Francisco Bay Area and have always wanted to take my wife and daughter out for an authentic sunset sail.

I can't tell you the number of times when we've been disappointed by slack winds or a "sail cruise" that never hoisted a sail.

The Captains are wonderful and their easy-going, relaxed attitude was reflected in the other crew members who were helpful and attentive.

The beer selection is macro beer and macro beer light, the champagne is probably Cooks and the chocolates are from a box of mixed candies BUT WHO CARES!!!!! If you take this trip for the booze and the chocolates you will be disappointed.

My adventurous 8 year old daughter had a fantastic time, but if you are with a small one who is a little on the timid side you may want to look for a larger vessel.

If you want a small craft (we had 11 on board plus crew of 4), under sail (both main and fore), during a Maui sunset than this is the the trip to book.

My only "gripe" is that the two hours seemed like 15 minutes. You could easily spend one of the best day's of your life aboard the Scotch Mist II.

1 Thank Brad S
Henderson, Nevada, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I spent many wonderful vacations on Maui, and over the past years we sailed many times on "Scotch Mist." When my husband passed away earlier this year, I knew it would be a fitting tribute to bring our whole family to Maui for a farewell sunset sail off the shores of this special island. The captains and crew were thoughtful and attentive, and provided us with a beautiful and memorable evening, never to be forgotten. I can offer nothing but praise for Scotch Mist Sailing Charters, and the professionalism and experience they provide.