“Best dinner in Lahaina”

Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Local food made gourmet... Lahainaluna Café uses only the best quality ingredients and fresh local Maui produce. All of our food is MADE TO ORDER and served fresh from the kitchen. From Asian fusion to local Hawaiian flavors, we provide an array of dishes sure to please any palate. Tucked away in the Lahaina Marketplace across the street from the Lahaina seaside, our outdoor cafe is always a breath of fresh air! We are dedicated to serving the community and providing warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit. We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I loved this place. It has the best fish tacos in Maui. I also recommend the chicken bites and Korean BBQ plate or tacos.
Compared to other restaurants around (Lahaina grill, Hula grill, Mala Ocean tavern), the food from this small joint is much better and costs a lot less. The staff is also the friendliest in Lahaina.
Definitely eating there next time.

2  Thank Rodolfo B

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I say cats just because there's a bunch just roaming around the area. Gives me a dirty feel...but I guess that's not their fault. I went here because the crazy fries were recommended. I regret my decision. They are crazy alright. Tasted like fish and mayonnaise. Not so good on top of French fries in my opinion. Plus we waited 20 mins for them, that's all we got. I'm giving them a 3 to be nice.

1  Thank NaivivMaui
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This shop is a tiny stall in the middle of Lahaina. They serve fresh, tasty food with great service. The grilled chicken is flavored just write in the salads and the curried chicken and mahi mahi tacos were fantastic as well.

1  Thank poggy2002
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It might not look like much, and there's not a huge menu, but the food is excellent and very, very reasonably priced . Some organic veggies and breads, too. It's more of a food stand than a traditional restaurant, but what the heck! Take it to go and sit across the street on the beach, or under the Banyon tree at the very nearby park.

1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Read the reviews here on TA and was interested in checking the place out. A block from where I was staying. A long line about half an hour before closing (9pm on Sat night). Always a good sign. The tables surrounding the place always full, as other reviews have said, another good sign.

I went with the MahiMahi fish tacos and they were wonderful. Spicy, fresh, hand made (obviously) and quite tasty - especially with the other Island fruits and veggies included. Quite the tasty find for under $10. As others have said, not the glam spot, just window service, but the food, the owner, who takes the orders who was so friendly and the whole ambiance in that regard were great.