“Beautiful and relaxing B&B”
Review of Ho'oilo House

Ho'oilo House
Ranked #3 of 11 Lahaina B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We LOVED our stay at Ho'oilo House. The pictures do not do this place justice, it really takes your breath away. We stayed in the Akala Manu room; the mountain and water views were perfect for us. And the bed was huge and so comfortable!

I didn't get an opportunity to meet Amy, but we saw Dan every morning and he was very helpful with any questions that we had. They were running a promotion where if you check into the B&B on facebook you get a free beach tote - I recommend doing that because the tote was very helpful for us the week we were there! They also have many beach accessories available to you, from umbrellas, coolers, beach chairs, etc. You will get 2 fresh beach towels in your room every day which are great as well.

The breakfast is fantastic, I miss having fresh fruit and freshly baked muffins every morning! And the POG juice is definitely worth trying, it is so yummy!

I had seen some reviews on here that Amy and Dan were a bit stand-offish, but that was not our experience at ALL. Dan was very friendly and thoughtful. On our last day I got to breakfast later than I had the previous days, and there weren't any muffins at the table. I assumed they were just out of them, which was fine, but Dan saw me and quickly brought out more for me.We also had an issue with our outdoor shower doors when we arrived, and Dan had that resolved right away when we brought it to his attention.

I would love to go back to Ho'oilo House someday! I recommend this B&B for anyone, it doesn't have to be just couples.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank leahrj
There are newer reviews for Ho'oilo House

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed at the Ho'oilo House mid October for our Wedding/Honeymoon/Vacation in Maui. We both loved everything about the Ho'oilo House and it was even better than what we expected. Some of the highlights included... the perfect distance from the action on front street, the most amazing views as you drive down the road to get to the main road.. I have so many pictures of the sky, it was one of the prettiest views we saw in Maui, the room itself was very clean and perfect, I loved the music thats pipped in to the rooms, it was so nice for nap time! The outdorr shower is amazing, and the views from our shower was perfect, we stayed in the Akala Manu. I could go on and on and on, trust me, this is the place to stay in Maui. we toured around the island and I cant say there wa sanother area I rather have stayed in. I hope to be bale to return one day!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allison8080
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

Nestled not too far from downtown lahaina the views are spectacular. The house is beautiful and very balanced. We stayed in the "honu" and enjoyed it very much. The bathroom with outdoor shower was great as well. A private couples massage on the lani is highly recommended and you also have the option for a private dinner by personal chef but the menu wasn't our thing, be sure to ask though as it may change from time to time. Breakfast is continental but very tasty, loved the granola and muffins. Amy and Dan are always willing to help and answer questions and have plenty of boogie boards, beach umbrellas, and towels for your visit. Enjoyed our stay and hope to be back one day.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank NyRoach
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Ho'oilo House is a very special type of B&B. It's filled with beautiful hardwood furnishings, and from what we saw and heard from other guests, all the six bedrooms are really comfortable and well-appointed. The main living/breakfast room is really welcoming and looks out over the pool, which in turn gives you stunning views of the ocean. Amy and Dan have truly created a place which is serene and peaceful and lovely. Having a (very private) outdoor shower, out there, in the amazing flower-scented Maui air, was just incredible and reminded us nightly that we were a LONG way from London. True, the breakfasts were perhaps a bit samey after 5 days, but it was fine and we never went hungry. We stayed in two different rooms whilst we were there: Kipuka is larger and has a view of the gardens from the lanai; Kohala is slightly smaller but has an ocean-facing lanai - and a not-so-private toilet, which we coped with fine, but I guess if you were a newer couple, you might want to consider when choosing your room! As far as location goes, Lahaina and all the beautiful beaches of West Maui are just a short drive away, so all in all, it's just a lovely, very special place that we wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone.

1  Thank HornseyHobos
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Ho'olio House is one of the nicest B&Bs I have had the pleasure to stay at - ever. I have stayed at many places and rarely have they been so wonderful to behold. Only 6 rooms, each individually decorated and the website allows you to pick which room you want when you start the booking process. The large living room is welcoming so that you don't need to stay cooped up in your own quarters. In any event, each room also has its own outdoor terrace. The view from atop over the sea is wonderful - soothing and beautiful. Only 2 minor points which could be improved: 1) the continental breakfast is very limited and gets boring after two goes and 2) it would be nice to have umbrellas by the pool. Any & Dan are wonderful hosts and can help you organise all sorts of activities, ranging from a private dinner to a snorkeling adventure.

Room Tip: Make sure to check each of the rooms on the webiste and pick the one which looks good to you when yo...
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Only minutes from Lahaina but worlds away for peace and relaxation. Amy and Dan were perfect hosts and will arrange anything you need to make your trip a treasure..Our room was elegantly appointed with comfortable furnishings, a private laniai, a soaking tub and an outdoor shower. (Trust me, it's private and perfect for a tropical island. Only wish we could do the same at home in Colorado.) Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room did not have an ocean view but we did not feel the loss. It was large, exceedingly comforta...
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights as we island hopped on our honeymoon. Complete privacy and barely saw the other guests. One minute to the beach and 10 minutes to the action of Front Street. Great outdoor showers. Coming back here when we return to Maui is a no brainer!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Travaasa Hana, Maui
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Andaz Maui At Wailea
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Ho'oilo House? Share your experiences!