The views are wonderful and it is convenient short drive into Lahaina, although parking is a nightmare when you get there. the accomodation is good looking and the communal areas are lovely. we stayed in honu and found it small, mainly because the bed is a large 4-poster with a 6" edge that has to be negotiated to get in or out. the decoration was not to our taste, we would have liked more room, perhaps a chair. the TV is in a cupboard which needs to be shut before going to sleep in case you get up in the night and crack your head on the door. the outside shower sounds good but is like having a hose directed at you, the direction, height and sprinkle are not adjustable. the worst bit was that we suffered lots of bites, at firstwe wondered if they were happening outside the property but in the end we came to the conclusion that it was only at night. we did bring the cockroaches to dan's attention and he immediately had the room fumigated. dan was very helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the West Maui Mountains, this quiet, private Bed & Breakfast offers incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and islands surrounding Maui. Located on the popular west side of the island, you will be just minutes from the historic whaling town of Lahaina and the Kaanapali resort area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ho'oilo House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ho`Oilo House Hotel Lahaina
- Ho'Oilo House Maui/Lahaina