The Kuleana Resort
US$333
US$406
US$376
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$280
US$362
US$318
Official Website
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$237
  • Beachfront
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$283
Travelocity
US$429
US$411
Kaanapali Alii(Lahaina)
  • Pool
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
  • Pool
All reviewssea turtlesair conditioning in the bedroomsmall beachocean frontlaundry roomsroad noisea million dollar viewevery morningwatching turtlesbbq areaparticular unitbring earplugsparking passmurphy bedgrounds are gorgeousbeach chairsfarmers market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2008

The Kuleana was a near perfect stay for us. The grounds were in full bloom and the flowers were stellar. We also loved having the pool so close to our wonderful - fully equipped space. We really enjoy cooking our own food and found the kitchen facilities to be adequate and complete. In addition there are BBQ's available at no charge. However, the best part of the stay was waking up to the ocean overlooking a private beach and seeing the islands of Molakai and Lanai. As the large turtles fed off the rocks we would enjoy the beautiful sunsets. For us, this was a near perfect vacation spot that didn't kill our pocket books. The Kuleana is perfectly located just minutes to LaHaina, Kaanapli, and Kapalua yet for those who enjoy serenity and peace then just stay on the grounds. BTW - the local management is phenonmenal. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2008

We were treated abominably by the resident managers within one hour of our arrival. They were red-faced with rage and were highly unkind and unprofessional. What was our crime? We had the misfortune of renting the unit above theirs, #318. Our first night we had our relative and her one year old baby over for a planned cook out. The baby was opening and shutting cupboards and drawers, and running around trying to put a giant cockroach in his mouth. We were accused of having too many people in the unit, of "dragging furniture across the floor", of breaking the RULES,and of being insensitve, thoughtless people. WITHIN ONE HOUR OF OUR ARRIVAL. The baby was just being a baby, and it was 5:00 in the evening on a Friday. Posted quiet time is 10:00 pm to 8:00 am. When they knocked on our door, I smiled and invited them in. The man glared and said, "WE DO NOT WISH TO COME IN." Now, anyone can have a bad day, but they never did apologize for their ridiculous over-reaction until I confronted the woman several days later. Even then she still didn't get it. She ruined a $75 dinner, I couldn't sleep at all, and they pretty much ruined my trip. They were so hateful! They took out all their anger at the previous renters on us. So unfair! We are a quiet, nice couple in our 50's.
I feel sorry for the owners of this unit. They updated the front room so it was relatively nice. The bedroom is awful- cinder block walls, bad art, and terrible street noise and stuffiness. We called our unit "the gulag" and checked out early. When we complained about the giant cockroach waiting for us when we arrived, the manager said, "THIS IS HAWAII! THEY LIVE HERE!" Obviously, the cockroaches were a lot more welcome than we were. The grounds are nice and the view was good, but we hated every minute of our stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
9  Thank RemiWisconsin
Reviewed 21 March 2008

Our folks own 4 weeks here, and we have been staying here every couple of years, since the mid 90's. Not fancy, but if I want the best and latest I will go to one of the big resorts. I love sitting on the lanai, reading the paper and watching the whales and turtles. I can go boogie boarding in the morning, they have a very consistent break, snorkeling later, and grill for dinner. Small units, no A/C in our building, but not needed. We hopped into West Maui airport on this stay, about 5 min. from the property. Grocery store is 1 mile away, you can safely walk the sidewalks there, snorkel equipment is at Boss Froggs, even closer, and they treat you right. Bugs can be a problem, but easily managed, by not leaving food out. I have never heard activity from the other rooms, but that may be because my hearing is shot. Every time I go, I want to stay, or at least buy a unit. The folks that run the place are very decent, and easy to work with. We have had the grand kids over, and they love it. (Rented a larger unit, and then stayed in it after they left, was so nice and quiet.) Will go back again and again, taking the youngest grand-daughter as soon as she is ready for open water. You really can just walk out of your unit, down to the water, and be boarding or snorkeling. The pool is nice, if you are not able to handle the ladder to get in the ocean. We had a sandy beach this year, but you cannot count on that, the currents are active in this area.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2008

Stayed in unit 206 --- We have stayed here numerous times! This particular unit is updated, has A/C, and a gorgeous view of the ocean (and whales)! It can sleep up to 6, although we have only been with 4 of us ! It is great for families and groups. It is close to the road but we love how spacious, cool (thank you A/C!) and updated this particular unit is compared to others we have stayed in at the complex.

We like to use the bbq area overlooking the ocean, well kept grounds, and big pool. This last time, we caught some fish on a day trip and grilled our catches while watching the sun go down. What a memorable night!

Kuleana is in a good location because it close to Lahaina, Napili, Kanapaali, etc.

PS- Highly recommend going to the Gazebo in Napili for breakfast. try the mac nut pancakes, we love it!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Rarah99
Reviewed 18 February 2008

All of the Condos in Kahana and Napalii were built in the 1970's. Some are more updated than others, but they are all pretty similar. The Kuleana has a nice location, good parking and a small beach. I did a Timeshare exchange. The 30 Timeshare units are furnished the same. They have tile floors and new appliances. The Queen bed seems small and the Murphy bed is very hard. The one piece plastic tub and shower has seen better days. But it is clean and well maintained. The pool is big and nicely heated. I have included photos taken from my ground floor (#307) unit. I could see whales from my unit. I would grab my binoculars and run across the lawn to the Common Area for a better look. I met other people and talked about our adventures. After two days, I overlooked the thin towels and furnishings and was glad to be at the Kuleana. The back buildings have a lot of parking lot noise and sounds from other units was noticable. But everyone was nice and tried to keep their noise to a minimum. I like being in West Maui. The Kuleana was a good trade for me.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple