“Excellent - food and price”

Mala - Ocean Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Mala - Ocean Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 264 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$21 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kapunakea
Description: In 2004 Mark and Judy opened Mala Ocean Tavern, along with their daughters, Ariana and Michelle, a small oceanside tavern serving Mediterranean and Pacific Rim, with some Latino flavored dishes. With their partner Shep Gordon, Mala Wailea was created for the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, which opened in 2008 and sold in 2016.
Toronto
“Excellent - food and price”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When in Maui you must try the fish I was told; even though I am not a fish lover. Well, I was in for a treat. I was not disappointed by this restaurant. The fish was excellent. In fact, there were four of us and we were all impressed by the food, the price, and the servers.

1 Thank lakeviewandsunsets

• Polish first
London
“Amazing seafood”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Absolutely delicious food would highly recommend the
MAHI MAHI CEVICHE (LOCAL)
SEARED AHI BRUSCHETTA
SEAFOOD PASTA (the best ever tasted)

Recommend reserving a table for sunset.

Also only a 20 min walk along front street to the main stretch in Lahaina

Visited May 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were told about this place by a local. So we thought we'd try it. Upon arriving it was in between lunch & dinner and hardly anyone was there but the first thing the male hostess asked, was did we have a reservation to which I said no. Anyways we asked if we could sit by the the water and we did. When we opened up the menu we were pretty surprised with how high the prices were. The place didn't appear to be a fancy high end place. We decided instead of paying upwards of $45 for some steak since there was 5 in our family we would get the burger with fries which was $20 a piece. The waitress and hostess weren't overly friendly but the food tasted great. I wouldn't come back again mostly because of the lack of friendliness. The speed of service was good.

1 Thank S H
Seattle, Washington
“Nice Oceanfront Eating Experience”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

On a recent trip to Maui to returned to Ma'la for a nice dinner at this quaint Oceanfront restaurant in Lahaina. Small place right on the water with great views of the sailboats anchored off shore. Service was very good as was the food. I had the Seafood Fettuccini and it was very good but not the best I've had. Other's in our party of 6 enjoyed their meals as well however we expected a bit more quality vs value to achieve the excellent rating.

1 Thank Rick R
“Good find”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I came in looking for a night without eating fish, but the specials! The catch of the day! I had fish anyways. Very fun atmosphere, anything right on the water is automatically better.
Have the pineapple martini, it's the best I ever had.

1 Thank Travelingsideshow32