“Honeymoon surf lessons a perfect fit with MSG”
Review of Maui Surfer Girls

Maui Surfer Girls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Maui Surfer Girls offers the best surf lessons and surf camps on Maui. Our surf school caters to small groups, families and newlyweds, with small class sizes and professional instructors (most of whom are female!) We started in 2001 with our summer surf camps for teenage girls, with a mission to build self-confidence through the sport of surfing. We quickly branched out to offer year-round surf lesson to men and women, and kids starting at age 5! Our teen camps have grown to be extremely popular, and in 2017 we are excited to be offering our women's camps year-round. Please check out website for upcoming camp dates. We look forward to sharing the spirit of aloha with you on Maui’s warm waves.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Surfing is a truly Hawaiian activity so I thought on our honeymoon we would have to try it out. Having never surfed before I wanted lessons that would help me learn the basics but also make my wife feel comfortable. MSG was the perfect fit. We had Sharky as our teacher and he was awesome. He obviously loves to surf and knows his stuff; but, he was also laid back and lots of fun. Both me and my wife got up on waves pretty early in the lesson and had a blast doing it. Dustin took some great photos for us during the lesson and, much to my wife's pleasure, Luna the surfer dog made an appearance. We can't wait to go surfing again and spread the Nalu spirit. We would highly recommend MSG to anyone looking for a fun experience surfing.

1  Thank Chris F
in 25 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We booked our surfing lesson for the entire family based on reviews from Trip Advisor and the experience exceeded our expectations! Maui Surfer Girls were super friendly and gave lots of encouragement to each family member. It was such a bonus to be able to learn in a quiet area without other surf schools and we had super conditions too (I'm sure Dustin can be thanked for that!!!). At the end of the lesson we were all eager to try again another day and would recommend Maui Surfer Girls to anyone interested in learning to surf.

1  Thank Bonnie M
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I booked the honeymoon package with MSG after reading all the great reviews on Tripadvisor. Neither of us surfed before but with our awesome instructor Billy we were able to ride a wave on our second try. Over the two hour time period I would say we each caught about 7-9 waves, which I thought was pretty good for first timers. If you are on your honeymoon I would definitely recommend the honeymoon package. The package includes a personal 2 hour session and a photographer capturing the whole experience for you, plus a bottle of champagne. Our photographer was Gina and the pictures were amazing. She got so many great action shots and it was really fun to see them. She sends them to you through an email and you have all the rights to the pictures. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this company. Billy and Gina you rock. Thanks for an amazing first surfing experience.

1  Thank Joe O
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had the 8am session with Gina today, great waves, awesome group the scenery back drop was amazing! We're used to surfing short waves at Scarborough in Australia but these were so long and cruisy we had a ball and Gina is the best coach ever. Book with these guys you won't be disappointed. Mahalo :)

1  Thank Lis_Fee