“The waters of South Maui are a great place to learn to surf!”
Review of Maui Surfer Girls

Maui Surfer Girls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Maui Surfer Girls offers the best surf lessons and surf camps on Maui. Our surf school caters to small groups, families and newlyweds, with small class sizes and professional instructors (most of whom are female!) We started in 2001 with our summer surf camps for teenage girls, with a mission to build self-confidence through the sport of surfing. We quickly branched out to offer year-round surf lesson to men and women, and kids starting at age 5! Our teen camps have grown to be extremely popular, and in 2017 we are excited to be offering our women's camps year-round. Please check out website for upcoming camp dates. We look forward to sharing the spirit of aloha with you on Maui’s warm waves.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The waters of South Maui are a great place to learn to surf!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Fantastic! That's the only way to describe it. Kelly, Sharky and Dustin took great care of us beginners. After the introduction and safety lessons on shore, they had us in the water and up on our boards in no time. It as a fantastic experience.

I went back for a second lesson. Again a great experience.

My only disappointment was that there was no time left in my vacation for a third lesson!

You guys are terrific.

Dallas, Texas
“Good Times with my Surfer Girls”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My girls 7 and 9 were scared of the idea of going surfing. They had no idea how much fun they would have. Sharky did an excellent job making them comfortable on the board and riding the wave. Never thought my girls would do so well and make me look so bad. Lots of fun! Thanks, Sharky!

Westbrook, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Honeymoon surf lessons a perfect fit with MSG”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Surfing is a truly Hawaiian activity so I thought on our honeymoon we would have to try it out. Having never surfed before I wanted lessons that would help me learn the basics but also make my wife feel comfortable. MSG was the perfect fit. We had Sharky as our teacher and he was awesome. He obviously loves to surf and knows his stuff; but, he was also laid back and lots of fun. Both me and my wife got up on waves pretty early in the lesson and had a blast doing it. Dustin took some great photos for us during the lesson and, much to my wife's pleasure, Luna the surfer dog made an appearance. We can't wait to go surfing again and spread the Nalu spirit. We would highly recommend MSG to anyone looking for a fun experience surfing.

1 Thank Chris F
Lake Cowichan, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for the entire family!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We booked our surfing lesson for the entire family based on reviews from Trip Advisor and the experience exceeded our expectations! Maui Surfer Girls were super friendly and gave lots of encouragement to each family member. It was such a bonus to be able to learn in a quiet area without other surf schools and we had super conditions too (I'm sure Dustin can be thanked for that!!!). At the end of the lesson we were all eager to try again another day and would recommend Maui Surfer Girls to anyone interested in learning to surf.

1 Thank Bonnie M
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must-do in Maui”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is our second time this year with Maui Surfer Girls. Gina was able to schedule a very last minute lesson for my boyfriend for the following morning. He enjoyed his lesson and was able to stand up a few times. The lesson ended up being a bit over 2 hours since the rest of the group was a little late, so he was able to have some one-on-one time with Gina. This is the ONLY surf school that people should go to and we will use continue MSG every time we are in Maui! Thanks Gina for accommodating us and for the awesome lesson (he is very grateful and says that MSG has spoiled him)!

1 Thank Diana C