“NEVER AGAIN!”
Review of Roy's - Kaanapali

Roy's - Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 264 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$29 - US$49
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Roy's Kaanapali! Since opening the original "Roy's" in Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific, guided only be the freshest local ingredients and my own sense of freedom. Every night our menu features a selection of "Roy's Classics," which are menu items that have been favorites since the beginning. These are noted with the "Y" symbol. In addition to these Classic dishes, Executive Chef Ryan Ferguson along with Sous Chefs John Balisco, Marc Urquidi, & Jessie Anacleto offer a unique selection of seasonal items & nightly specials. Cooking has been my life... Thank you for making it part of yours. Roy Yamaguchi, Chef/Founder
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEVER AGAIN!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Ordered the Loco Moco for lunch, which I've had many times at other establishments. But here it was
ABSOLUTELY UNEATABLE.

The meat patty was burnt black to a crisp, with a gravy which had NO FLAVOR AT ALL! I had 2 bites and politely complained to our server, she was sorry I didn't like the burnt and flavorless meal.

She obviously told the manager as we were not charged for my meal. I can't recall what my husband ordered, but he was moderately satisfied.

We've been to Roy's in Kona and Newport Beach and shocked they would even serve something as awful as this at this location.

Needless to say, we will NEVER return to this Roy's location.

1 Thank sweetie B

• Korean first
Bessemer, Alabama
“Great food slow service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The ahi tuna was great. Best I ever had. Service was slow. island time. a little over two and a half hours for meal. Merlot was good. Will eat here again.

Visited June 2014
Auburn, Washington
“Delicious anniversary dinner”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We love Roy's - have been to several other locations. We were here with our two daughters for our 30th anniversary dinner. As usual, every item we ordered was DELICIOUS. We had a window table overlooking the Ka'anapali golf course - lovely. The service was excellent, and they even treated us to a special dessert. It was a little disconcerting to realize that Roy's is the clubhouse restaurant, so there were a lot of very casually dressed golfers crowding the entry way and bar, but that was only initially a distraction. Also, it's listed as being in Lahaina and it is NOT - it's at Ka'anapali.

Visited May 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good food, disappointing atmosphere & service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I are big fans of the Roy's chain on the mainland, so we were excited to try one in Hawaii. We had heard the menus were different there were more locally influenced dishes. We were on Maui for our 20th anniversary, so booked Roy's for the big night.

While the food was great and we were able to try many things not available at other locations, the place was packed and LOUD. The tables are extremely close together and the golf course location makes for a wide mix of clientele, from families with small kids to golfers to people like us trying to enjoy a special night out. The large windows were nice, but the view of the sunset was blocked by resort buildings. The server was nice enough, but it seemed the kitchen couldn't keep up and the pace was odd.

I am not sorry we ate here, but I am sorry we did it for our anniversary. Next time, we'd pick Lahaina Grill (where we ate later in the trip) for a special occasion.

• Visited May 2014
“Another exceptionally great night with Sean”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Exceptional service. Delicious food. Amazing bartenders (Sean, Adam and Kenny). Cannot get enough of this place. Great menu items and the prix fixe is a great option. Will continue spending numerous nights at Roy's while in this island paradise as long as they keep things as are and Sean as the lead guy.

Visited May 2014