“Delicious food and wonderful location!!”
Review of Roy's - Kaanapali

Roy's - Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 264 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$29 - US$49
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Roy's Kaanapali! Since opening the original "Roy's" in Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific, guided only be the freshest local ingredients and my own sense of freedom. Every night our menu features a selection of "Roy's Classics," which are menu items that have been favorites since the beginning. These are noted with the "Y" symbol. In addition to these Classic dishes, Executive Chef Ryan Ferguson along with Sous Chefs John Balisco, Marc Urquidi, & Jessie Anacleto offer a unique selection of seasonal items & nightly specials. Cooking has been my life... Thank you for making it part of yours. Roy Yamaguchi, Chef/Founder
Mililani, Hawaii
“Delicious food and wonderful location!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We visited this location in May for my birthday. We have been to other Roy's Restaurants (Ko'Olina, Hawaii Kai, Waikiki, Scottsdale) and this location is the best by far!
As with all Roy's Restaurants, the casual resort atmosphere is pleasant, relaxing and a perfect setting for a dinner with my husband.
We were seated at a table that looked out over the golf course (GREAT course, but that is another review!) so the sunset was beautiful. They have the shades down until the sun is lower on the horizon but we could still enjoy the sunset.
Our server was great. He was very helpful and mindful of my food allergy. He made sure that all the rest of the staff that served us was also aware of my allergy.
You will not be disappointed!!

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious, if pricey”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wonderful meal at the second of the original Roy's. We've eaten at Roy's in other cities and always had a great experience, so wanted to try the "original", if you will. The prices were - ahem- very high, but we opted for the prix fixe menu, which had what we wanted anyway on it. It was reasonable at $49/$64 with wine. Of course, we topped dinner off with the dessert of choice on the menu, the chocolate lava cake. The restaurant is on the Westin Maui Resort and Spa property, just north of Lahaina. We were staying nearby. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
Lakewood, Washington
“Had better.....had worse.....”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Not bad....but was expecting more. The service was wonderful....the menu...so-so. Some of the dishes (appetizers) were exceptional, while the dinner was just ok. Dessert was good. Probably wouldn't recommend it....there are plenty of other restaurants in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, CA
“Holy trinity of fish...”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Dined with my sister... A repeat Roy's diner, my eighty-eight year old father with garlic allergies. My maiden voyage to Roy's. Server patient explained the menu and had the kitchen make up food to work with my father's needs. I selected the trio taster of three mini serving of fish varieties. Each beautifully arranged with the compliments of food, sauces and toppings. And did I mention the chocolate molten mousse.

• Visited June 2014
Texas
“Our second best restaurant in NW Maui!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Another several visits here this year! We have visited NW Maui for 15 years and this restaurant has consistently been our number two (Lahaina Grill being a clear number one...see my review).

This year we did two dinners and one lunch. Yes, they are opened for lunch! Much less busy and noisy, but more of a limited menu, but still plenty to choose from. The thing I like about this Roy's is that many of the menu items change. Some are mainstays, but the others change so you are not bored with the offerings if you are a repeat customer. You will find this restaurant in this class as being extremely reasonable for Hawaiian dining. You can even get more value by ordering their fixe prix dinners which come either with or without wine pairings.

The view is overlooking the Kaanapali Golf Course. Kinda fun watching the golf puttings. Yes, it can be noisy, but most of the restaurants are, lol! Service was impeccable. Fast, friendly, helpful, accommodating and courteous. Food was delivered promptly and hot.

I think what stands Roy's apart is their sauces and seasonings. All was cooked perfectly and there were numerous creative preparations, which I of course had to try. Keep your dinner receipt for 25% off your entire lunch order if you return!

My favorites? The appetizer ribs and the butterfish! You can order the appetizer ribs as an entree for either lunch or dinner and can pick your sides! Whoa!

Take a look at my pictures. A definite repeat visit will be done! Nice!

• Visited May 2014