“PRIX FIXE MENU MADE IT EASY, FUN AND DELICIOUS”
Review of Roy's - Kaanapali

Roy's - Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 267 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$29 - US$49
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Roy's Kaanapali! Since opening the original "Roy's" in Hawaii Kai in 1988, I have set out to explore "new directions," blending classic European cooking techniques with unique influences of Asia and the Pacific, guided only be the freshest local ingredients and my own sense of freedom. Every night our menu features a selection of "Roy's Classics," which are menu items that have been favorites since the beginning. These are noted with the "Y" symbol. In addition to these Classic dishes, Executive Chef Ryan Ferguson along with Sous Chefs John Balisco, Marc Urquidi, & Jessie Anacleto offer a unique selection of seasonal items & nightly specials. Cooking has been my life... Thank you for making it part of yours. Roy Yamaguchi, Chef/Founder
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, great service and great views. Of course, for the prices charged, that should be expected. However, the price could have been worse. We don't often dine like this, so these restaurants can be somewhat intimidating to us, but not Roy's. Despite the "high end" nature, this place is pretty laid back. Also, the prix fixe menu really made ordering easy for us. That may have been a cop-out on our part, but like I said, we don't often dine like this, and one of our biggest concerns is "considering we don't do this often, and this is costing so much, we really don't want to order something we don't like." The prix fixe menu solved all those problems.

The portions were all basically "small plate," but we were pretty good and full at the end of the meal. And, each course was really delicious.

The two of us each had a pre-dinner cocktail (both very good, and both unique) and the four-course "prix fixe" (with one of us including the paired wines with each course). They brought us a "free" extra small course (a very nice soup). With tip and everything, it came to $180, which we thought was pretty good, especially for Hawai'i. We were prepared to pat at least $200 and thought it might easily go to $250, so we thought the price wasn't too bad.

If you are concerned about or intimidated by the really high-end pricey restaurants, Roy's is one that makes it easy (as long as you are prepared to pay top dollar). Also, Roy's is kind of a "don't miss" if you go to Hawai'i anyway. Definitely recommend this one.

There are newer reviews for Roy's - Kaanapali

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We visited this location in May for my birthday. We have been to other Roy's Restaurants (Ko'Olina, Hawaii Kai, Waikiki, Scottsdale) and this location is the best by far!
As with all Roy's Restaurants, the casual resort atmosphere is pleasant, relaxing and a perfect setting for a dinner with my husband.
We were seated at a table that looked out over the golf course (GREAT course, but that is another review!) so the sunset was beautiful. They have the shades down until the sun is lower on the horizon but we could still enjoy the sunset.
Our server was great. He was very helpful and mindful of my food allergy. He made sure that all the rest of the staff that served us was also aware of my allergy.
You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wonderful meal at the second of the original Roy's. We've eaten at Roy's in other cities and always had a great experience, so wanted to try the "original", if you will. The prices were - ahem- very high, but we opted for the prix fixe menu, which had what we wanted anyway on it. It was reasonable at $49/$64 with wine. Of course, we topped dinner off with the dessert of choice on the menu, the chocolate lava cake. The restaurant is on the Westin Maui Resort and Spa property, just north of Lahaina. We were staying nearby. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Not bad....but was expecting more. The service was wonderful....the menu...so-so. Some of the dishes (appetizers) were exceptional, while the dinner was just ok. Dessert was good. Probably wouldn't recommend it....there are plenty of other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Dined with my sister... A repeat Roy's diner, my eighty-eight year old father with garlic allergies. My maiden voyage to Roy's. Server patient explained the menu and had the kitchen make up food to work with my father's needs. I selected the trio taster of three mini serving of fish varieties. Each beautifully arranged with the compliments of food, sauces and toppings. And did I mention the chocolate molten mousse.