“great bay”
Review of Napili Beach

Napili Beach
Ranked #4 of 129 things to do in Lahaina
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We really love Napili bay, the beach is large and clean. It great for snorkeling and for the kids to swim. will be visiting over and over again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,342)
All reviews
in 29 reviews
"rocks"
in 176 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Limited parking since it's a busy beach but people park all down the road sides. Lots of shady areas and gorgeous crystal clear water. You can snorkel here and see turtles! If you walk up to the cliff edges you will get great views and there are walking trails to see the coastline.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Easy parking and walk to the beach. Snorkel right off the back with sea turtles. They come in close enough for the little ones to see but don't touch!! Not safe for humans oild (on your hands etc) to be on their bodies - makes them vulernable to prey.

1  Thank ebayfan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was new to snorkeling so I really enjoyed snorkeling at Napili Beach. Visibility was fairly good even though we were there in the afternoon. I actually spotted my first sea turtle while snorkeling here. The beach is fairly small and narrow so it was pretty crowded but again, we did not arrive at the beach until about 1:30. It is a little walk to the beach so you have to carry everything but it was not too bad. My daughter played around on a boogie board as well and seemed to enjoy it. We really did not visit too many beaches on our trip so I am not able to compare Napili to the other beaches found on Maui but I would definitely return for the snorkeling.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I toured the island for an entire month, and this was by far my favorite beach. Clean sands, perfect waves, friendly sea turtles, and clear waters. Wonderful for snorkelers and paddle boarding. I ended up renting a beach front condo at the Napili resort for a week because I couldn't get enough. Fun tip: The local birds flying around here are very friendly. Simply place some seeds or a crumbled cracker in a closed fist and raise your arm keeping your pointer finger out for them to land. They'll gently peck at the food inside your hand. You'll look like the bird whisperer to all of the tourists. So awesome!

1  Thank OasisTycoon