Maui Garden Oasis
US$427
US$388
US$466
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$411
US$1,402
US$1,351
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$264
getaroom.com
Aina Nalu(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsyogurtroom was largethree nightswasher and dryerjaimemauilanaikitchenettegrill
A TripAdvisor Member
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 7 April 2006

Being from O`ahu, my husband & I were looking to get away for the weekend and thought a bed & breakfast would be great. While we had a little difficulty finding the Garden Gate B&B at first, we finally found it located in a residential, but quiet neighborhood. We arrived early in the morning and were able to leave our luggage in storage while we enjoyed the beaches prior to checking in later that afternoon. We met Bill, one of the owners, and found him to be helpful in terms of where to eat in Lahaina and just general info about the B&B. He also told us that we could just go directly to our room when we came back, making the check-in process extremely easy. Our room was very spacious & clean and included our own lanai. There is an outdoor lounge/bbq area and always seemed to be a fresh supply of apple-bananas for the taking. We found the Garden Gate to be an affordable & quiet alternative to the big resorts on that part of the island. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2006

My husband and I recently spent one night at the end of our vacation at the Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast in Lahaina, Maui. It sure surprised us to simply see a sign that no breakfast was served on Saturday or Sunday. No vouchers were provided or any suggestions were given.Nothing was written on their website. It was very cool treatment by the owners. The place was clean and the garden pleasant, but not located all that well in amongst modest homes and some that were trashed. I would not stay here again. We are now calling the place the "Garden Gate Bed and Nuttin'honey"

12  Thank Glitzychicky
Reviewed 25 January 2006

My wife and I and family have just returned from a wonderful vacation on Maui. Our vacation was much more delightful because of the Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast and our hosts, Bill and Jaime.

The rooms at the Garden Gate are bright and spotlessly clean. Our family group occupied five rooms, from the cozy Ginger to the very spacious upper balcony room, complete with a lovely ocean view.

The large covered patio and surrounding garden with a bridge over a trickling brook was great for the several B-B-Q’s that we enjoyed. We even celebrated New Year’s on the patio with another family from Germany. The large well kept garden has many tropical plants and flowers and banana trees. The four year-old in our party had plenty of room to run and be safe within the confines of the gated garden.

Each morning in the main patio area, Bill set out a breakfast of fresh fruits and juices, freshly baked pastries and endless carafes of great Maui coffee.

Jaime was particularly helpful securing reservations at a fabulous Luau and boat trips to snorkel and whale watch. Jaime was also in very helpful in finding hair and nail salons for the women in our group.

Our family spent two wonderful weeks at the Garden Gate. I highly recommend this charming bed and breakfast for those wishing a quiet, home style atmosphere away from the maddening crowds.

Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank Doug T
Reviewed 21 January 2006

My husband and I were excited to visit Maui for the first time and knew that hotel rates would be extremely expensive due to holiday travels (Dec-Jan). We booked an ocean view room 6 months prior to our vacation for a great deal through an employee at the Garden Gate (not Jaime or Bill) and payed for half our stay. As we were nearing our vacation, we recieved a call from Jaime demanding our balance which I was happy to give but since we had just returned from being out of town,literally just stepping off the plane, I wanted to call her back so I could get organized. She did not budge and told me that she would gladly hold while I found my credit card. I was a bit alarmed at her rude persistance, but let it go anyway. 2 weeks prior to our arrival, I received another call from Jaime. She told me that the room which we were booked for was not guaranteed, and that the employee that helped us with our reservation was fired (perhaps for giving us such a great deal?) So basically, she was upset that she couldn't make more money on our room. I then politely told her that it wasn't our problem that her employee got fired, that we want the room that we paid for and reserved, and we wanted a receipt either by mail or email. She said that they "don't do that". I was completely confused at how this so-called professional B&B does not give any receipts, nor do they honor reservations. Anyway, we ended up canceling our reservation (at Jaime's request). We were lucky to find a better place right on the beach AND it was less expensive! Please, please, please, don't stay here...Although we never did, the experience we had with Jaime convinced us, even begged us not to stay here even more.

• Stayed: December 2005
25  Thank Monica N
A TripAdvisor Member
Missouri
Reviewed 2 November 2005

We have been home for a few days and have had time to reflect on our eight days in Maui.
We stayed at three locations on three sides of the island. Since we were at your place first it set the benchmark which neither of the other two came close. Four thumbs up.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member