2,775 results
All reviews the beach club restaurant full kitchen grocery store aloha suite garden pool ocean view amenity fee washer and dryer strip mall bedroom condo the penthouse on site restaurant java jazz parking fee tennis courts per day times supermarket
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Am on my last night of 8 at the Aston Kaanapali shores room 840. When I checked in, front desk staff Sheena informed me that I just got upgraded to a junior suite however; no view as they were sold out. I was happy with the upgrade and hoped that I was not facing a wall since was informed no view. Sheena also gave me a box of macadamia nuts chocolate as I mentioned as staying for my birthday. Went to my room and yes no view as such just a bit of the ocean and a dirty water tunnel and other condos. NOW the rooms are old outdated and stinky. The smell in the bathroom is that of old/stale pee and hoped it will go away after a couple of flushes and disinfectant which I always take with me. Again I got upgraded and so didn't want to complain much and thought if this is unpgraded room then how is the standard room that I had booked for. I was too tired from a long flight and drive so all I needed was a shower and a bed. The bed is ok but the headboard makes noisy at every turn I guess am used to it now asked the housekeeping staff to see what they can do about the pee smell and the board nothing was done. The following morning I went to the grocery store nearby and bought air freshener but that till this day has not helped rhe room is still smelly. The furniture in this room is really old..like really old and from the 80s so to say. The bed even though the top is comfortable I happened to check underneath and OMG it's hanging loose I told myself not to worry much of what I can't see. The free in-room coffee is rarely replenished in my room and have to call almost everyday for coffee. I rented the DVD to watch....oh boy I gave up! I couldn't stand the fact that I have to use the PlayStation control to operate the DVD which didn't work as it was dead and had the engineer bring another one that also needed time to charge....I just gave up! I mean it's 2017 going on to 2018 update your gadgets and get a remote that works for DVD independently and welcome to 2017 and have the DVD rental option on TV.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Nyambura K
James F, Manager at Aston Kaanapali Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Aloha and thank you for your thorough review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary birthday amenity and were warmly welcomed by our staff. However, the other valuable details that you have brought to our attention will be shared with our management so that we may address and improve them for the benefit of our guests. We sincerely apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience you experienced, and hope that you allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to create a memorable experience. Mahalo and warmest aloha.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Really enjoyed my stat at the Aston. The amenities were good and staff helpful. Enjoyed using the BBQ for cooking our dinner on two occasions. The BBQ's were spotlessly clean and with the Supermarket across the road, we Aussies felt right at home. The bar was great and the pool areas lovely. A perfect spot for families.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Carole S

Aloha Carole, Thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our corner of paradise, and that our helpful staff, BBQ area and great location all enhanced the quality of your vacation. We hope to welcome you again in the future! Mahalo and warmest aloha.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We just spent a week at this resort, and enjoyed it very much. The staff are super friendly, but I believe that is true for Maui in general! The grounds are beautifully kept, and the condo was great. The resort has everything you need right on site; restaurant, 2 pools, general store, gift store, concierge to help with activity bookings...overall a great place to stay while on Maui.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Aloha Elaine, Thank you very much for your 5-star review. We are so glad you enjoyed a wonderful stay overall, and had a wonderful vacation experience. It would be our pleasure to welcome you home again in the future! Mahalo and warmest aloha.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Maui. We stayed at Aston Kaanapali Shores and we were very happy with our choice! We loved our condo, our view was beautiful, condo was clean and comfortable, we felt very at home there. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We hope to go back and stay there again, beautiful place.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Aloha Julescharlie! Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your special 40th anniversary stay with us. Congratulations again and hauʻoli lā hoʻomanaʻo (Happy Anniversary). It is wonderful to hear that our staff took great care of you, and that you were comfortable in your accommodations. We can't wait to welcome you back to our ideal and beautiful North Ka'anapali Beach location again soon! Mahalo and warmest aloha.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This resort is lovely and the service was good. But the room we were given (626) is in need of an upgrade. Sure it has a solid surface countertop but the bed was awful. Super hard and uncomfortable. The pillows were no better. Luckily only spent two nights here. When I complained at checkout, they said they could have changed us rooms if they had known. Too late and how were we to know the rooms aren’t all the same.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Aloha LindaLM2014 and thank you for your thorough review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful views and were warmly welcomed by our staff. However, the other valuable details that you have brought to our attention will be shared with our management so that we may address and improve them for the benefit of our guests. We also apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience you experienced, and hope to have another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Mahalo and warmest aloha.