My husband, 10 month old son and I stayed here for 3 nights in April 2011. We came to Maui for a wedding held in Lahaina, and the Aston hotels were recommended as a mid-range hotel chain by the couple. Since we knew we wouldn't be spending a ton of time at the resort, we just wanted something affordable and nice, but not with a ton of resort amenities which you pay for. This particular hotel appealed to us because of its proximity to Lahaina and because it had been recently updated and looked like it had a nice pool and a kitchen in each of the units. We originally booked directly with the hotel, but checked VRBO the week before we were arriving and noticed this unit was available. We contacted the owners who immediately wrote us back and allowed us to rent it for a shorter time period than the normally required 1 week, and they even knocked $20 off the nightly rate since it was short notice, which made the cost of staying in this 1 BR just $25 higher than what we would have paid the hotel for a studio. Great deal!
The condo was clean, airy and we appreciated the updated kitchen and bathroom! The kitchen was completely stocked with any kitchen utensils/glassware/etc you would need, though we only ate breakfast here each day. The view was great, I loved that we had a water view, though it was mostly of the pool - you could only somewhat see the ocean behind the pool. But it was pretty none-the-less. Huge patio which we sat on every day once our son went to sleep. (Unite 291)
The only problem we had was with the Property Management company that the owners use (Whalers Realty Management). One downside of doing VRBO is that you don't get to call the hotel for pool towels, a crib or high chair. We ended up having to rent these separately from a furniture rental company. This added $15 to our daily costs which we had not anticipated. When I asked the Property Mgt company about needing a crib, she said she would look into but we never heard back from her. When I contacted them again, the man who answered gave me the names of two local companies which we used. When we checked our credit card bill after we left Hawaii, we saw another charge from the Property Mgt company - turned out it was for a Pack n Play that they had ordered for us. They never confirmed this with us, we thought it came with the unit after all. Also, when we inquired about a late checkout (we took a redeye home) they were not helpful and didn't even offer us the option to pay for it. They refunded us the money for the Pack n Play, but I will never rent a VRBO on Maui again if they are the management company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina