“Absolutely Perfect !!”

Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I have nothing but praise !! Staff - helpful and friendly, location - perfect, Condos - clean and spacious, pool and hot tub - magic ! There are no hidden extras that you often find with other hotels and apartment complexes. Our second trip to maui and we will definitely stay here again !!! Wish i could click my fingers and be there again !!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for...resort room, resort view....ocean room, ocean view. try to ask for a roo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank beejaysgirl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed in a studio in the "Banyan" building. It had a full kitchen, and balcony which was nice. The room was very clean, and the housekeeping staff was very friendly.
When we got there the guy who helped us at the front desk was very friendy. The lady who works at the general store was also very nice. My only complaint about the staff is I called prior to arriving because our flight was delayed to let the hotel know that we were stuck at the airport and we wouldn't be arriving until the next day. The lady who answered the phone stated that the cancellation policy states that a person must cancel 72 hours in advance and that they couldn't return any of the money. I told her I didn't know 72 hours in advance that I would be stuck in an airport and asked if I could please speak to the mananger. She told me she was the manager and finally agreed to extend my stay an extra day. I understand that places have policies but sometimes the unforeseen happens and it would have been nice if she offered to fix my reservation up front to save me some stress in an already stressful situation. She did maintain a polite tone of voice it was just frustrating to have to go back and forth about it. Every other business on Maui that I had to reschedule things with was very accommodating.
So I guess I would recommend this hotel to people just keep your fingers crossed that your flight isn't delayed

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Had a great time. Staff were courteous & helpful. Eating out is kinda expensive so in-suite kitchen is easy on your wallet. Safeway store is nearby. Island itself makes you appreciate the power of nature. Other activities like Submarine is a better deal then the glass bottom boat. All those Fishes shown in brochure do not adhere to the boats schedule. say no more except scavenger fish, didn't see much of anything.
Overall trip was A++

Room Tip: Why spend extra . 90% of your time will be spent outside, so pick any room, Room is for sleep only.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

If you are looking for a quiet location on Kaanapali beach,this is perfect! Not a large complex,so you do not get the large crowds around the pool, or along their beach, or any lines at the on-site Castaways restaurant.

Located North of
Black rock,all of the large resorts and thus large crowds are south of Black Rock. Becasue this in not one of the " all-inclusive " properties, we never had to put up with obnoxious rowdies that over-drink. All of the people working their were great....maids, bartenders, front desk, groundskeepers, etc.We had a 1 bedroom condo, which worked out perfect! We shopped at the Safeway in Lahaina, so we could fix some of our meals in the well-stocked kitchen in our unit. Our condo was very clean, and quiet.

This property is perfect for couples who want a quiet, get-away . It would also be good for couples with small children/babies. If you are looking for a property that has booming music around the pool, and a " party till the middle of the night " atmosphere, this is not it.

Room Tip: If you want privacy, ask for a garden view room
1  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We had the most wonderful time. Our studio room was beautifully decorated, first floor, walk out on the lanai, fed the birds, sat and enjoyed the sunsets. Landscaped view of the pool, a few steps to the ocean. It was quiet, hotel staff was really nice. Beach is beautiful.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms before you check in and make sure it's updated w/ decor. I looked at a couple...
1  Thank RandL101
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I made this trip from New Jersey as a rescue mission. My sister-in-law and her daughter arrived for a week's vacation. Two days into her vacation she had an accident and was in the hospital for 5 days with a collapsed lung and bruised ribs. I flew out to help. They were staying at the Hyatt. I stayed at MKV because I've stayed here 5 prior times and loved the resort. It had everything I needed. My sister-in-law came here out of the hospital to recuperate and the entire staff were fabulous. Her doctor would not let her travel home to NJ for an additional 11 days and MKV let us all stay in very nice studio condo's at VERY affordable rates. Her recovery is ongoing but she was able to relax and enjoy her extra time in Maui very comfortably. I would definitely recommend Maui Kaanaplai Villa's to everyone who wants to enjoy Maui and all it has to offer

Room Tip: Suites in the hotel are very nice and reasonable. Use the Entertainment card for a discount.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Ronald H
Reviewed 1 October 2011

After four previous successful stays here, we didn't even look at other places. for our first two stays, we were given rooms in the villas and the next two were in the tower. This time, we were back in a villa and it was perfect! The staff were very helpful and the room and facilities were maintained well. We made multiple visits to the Castaway Cafe for meals and drinks and were delighted with the quality of the food, especially the pancakes with pineapple, banana and chopped macadamia nut toppings.

The hotel is North of Black Rock and provides a quieter environment than on the main Kaanapali strip. I do have to say that we visited the last two weeks of September so there wasn't a lot of children in evidence; only infants and pre-schoolers.

Our room was on the second floor of the Coconut building and so delighted us that my wife made notes for our next trip to ask if we could get the same room.