On our first trip to Hawaii, we were advised by the travel agent to stay at the AMK Villas. I didn't want to stay in the usual hotel room and was pleasantly surprised with the small condos at this resort. The room was clean and the little lady who performed the daily maid service (which I actually wasn't expecting) did a great job. These are individually owned condos so each looks a bit different as far as decor and "luxury". We were pleased that there was a full kitchen, which allowed us to save some money by cooking a few meals at home.
We had a garden view, because the oceanfront rooms were significantly more expensive, but it was still a nice view and very quiet. We stayed at the far end of the resort, and I imagine that a room closer to the large pool/bar/restaurant would be a little noisy in the evenings.
There is a laundromat on site, which was super convenient. I hate dragging dirty laundry home! There is also a small gift shop in the main lobby with toiletries and snack foods in case you need something quick.
Some reviews ragged on the Castaway Cafe on the resort, but I thought it was awesome. The bartender was great and while the bar is small, their mixed drinks are pretty tasty and reasonably priced. We had breakfast and dinner there and were thrilled with both. The portion sizes are HUGE and it was nice to finally get our money's worth.
There is plenty of parking for the rental car, which is nice. I suppose the "free" parking is included in the $15/night facilities fee charged at the end of the trip.
The front lobby staff were very helpful and aside from an incident where another family was mistakenly assigned to our room and given the key to barge in on us (yikes!) things went smoothly. I probably should have irately complained since my privacy was compromised, but they were all so nice I couldn't bring myself to do it.
Oh yes, the best part is the proximity to the beach. It's literally a five minute walk. Very convenient. It's a little far removed from "downtown" Lahaina, so you'll definitely want a rental car, but it's an easy drive down Rt. 30.
Two thumbs up. If I ever have the opportunity to return to Maui I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina