“very nice place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
New York City, New York
“very nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

We stayed 6 days with my wife and daughter on second floor of Banyan building. The room was perfect with big balcony and nice updated kitchen and bathroom. the stuff was friendly though we did not use much of the service. We essentially were on our own in the room with cleaning service. We cooked 100% at home. Besides Safeway supermarket in Lahaina which is 15 min drive away - there is smaller, but also good supermarket next to the place toward south few minutes away. The beach is perfect - very clean and quite and the place is right on the beach without crossing a road. It gets deep very fast so it may no be good for non-swimmers, but there are mote shallow entrance few minutes away. Also few minutes away are rocks with lots of fish for snorklers. Beachwalk both direction is very nice - passing nice villas and hotels. We liked Maui in general for its natural rich and accessibility to nature. We visited state and national parks, drove famous road to Hana and many other nice places.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cecexo_ny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Korean first
South Central, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

We arrived rather late, were tired and disapointed in our room at first...4th floor, Aloha Tower, outdated furniture, and no lanai. After a good nights rest, we had a better outlook on our room. We loved having a full kitchen (saved $ eating breakfasts, lunches, and 2 dinners) , the short walk to the beach, being close to Airport beach and Blackrock for snorkeling, and the resort pool was nice for taking dips in at night. We were married in Maui 4 years ago and stayed at the Royal Lahaina. We fell in love with the beach then (sandy, easy to swim in, not crowded, beautiful turquois blue) but wanted to stay at a condo this time around so that is why we chose the Kaanapali Villas (which is next door to Royal Lahaina). The pool was really nice and we enjoyed taking dips in the pool and jacuzzi at night. Blackrock and Whalers Village were a nice walk and not too far. I also enjoyed walking on the beachwalk early in the mornings. We wish our room was a little more dated (i.e. the tile was falling off in the kitchen, old bamboo furniture) but it was large, clean, quiet and met our needs. We were impressed that our maid had our room cleaned before 11am every day (before we came back for lunch). My husband appreciated that parking was really easy and that we never had problems finding a space. We ate at the restaurant one night and was surprised on how pricey it was. My ahi was pretty good though and the view was to die for. We will defininitely stay here again but may opt to stay in one of the 2 floor condos that have lanais. Maui is a special place to us and we'll be coming back for years to come!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mauied05
Celina, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

My son and I really liked Studio that we stayed in. We were there from May 29th till June 4th. It was so relaxing it was not your typical busy resort. The condo we were in was clean and could not have asked for better service from the front desk.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

I just got back from Maui. I stayed at the Kaanapali Villas based on the reviews in Trip Advisor. My stay was from May 22 -28. I loved it. When i checked in I got upgraded to a room with a kitchen, with the food prices on Maui this saved me a ton of money. I ate most of my meals in my room. The villas also have grills this really gave a summery feel to my vacation to be able to grill burgers and chicken. The room was VERY nice and was cleaned immaculately every day. TIP! Go to the Safeway in Lahaina and buy your food.
I would absolutely recommend this place. I want to go back!!!! You'll also need a car.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

This was our second stay in Maui, last time we stayed at the Sheraton, but this time we wanted to stay at a condo so we could have a full kitchen and cook our meals. We stayed in Maui Kaanapali Villas based on reviews from this website, and we are very pleased we chose it!!! location is excellent, since most of out plans for Maui were: 1.snorkeling; , 2. relaxing on the beach. We stayed in the building, on the 6th floor, so we had partial ocean view, and it took us 5 minutes to walk to the beach, and if you walk 5-10 minutes more to the north, there is an amazing reef with lots of creatures to see. The beach was never crowded (a plus for us). Although the main lobby and building look dated, inside our suite everything was nice, full nice kitchen, very good appliances, plasma tv, and there was no tub but there was a shower to die for, one of those 12" rainshowers. The only complain I would have about the room, is the size of the balconies, they are minimal and can't really be used. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Pool was nice too. If you want to walk to black rock, you can use the beach wak and you will be there in about 15 minutes.

Overall, great, and for sure we will stay there again, hopefully soon!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

These villas were simply great! Very nice, clean, roomy, nice furniture. Very nice and helpful staff. They gave an upgrade to a room with a full kitchen. I was very pleased. I am always looking for a good deal and I usually end up with a so-so hotel. This place far exceeded my expectations. My husband and I are already planning to go back and bring the kids and grandparents. Wonderful location, close to Black Rock, easy to find, and free parking. Nice flat screen TV, although we only turned it on once. Who goes to Hawaii to watch TV when the ocean is only steps away? Not me. And the pool was very cool also.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

We spent 4 days and 3 nights at the Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas, and the time went by way too fast. There is so much to do on Maui, and this resort was a wonderful home base for us. The beautiful beach was just steps away from our room. And that included walking past the wonderful pool and spa. They had a great kids pool for the small ones, and the large pool had some nice waterfall features.

There was so much to do and enjoy, but the rooms were so large and nice that it would have been easy to have stayed there all day. We had 2 private bedrooms, kitchen and dining area and a large living room. TV's in both bedrooms and in the living room and free wireless internet were nice features. The kitchen was fully equiped and the condo nicely decorated. I believe that they are owned by private owners, so each one is different.

I'm used to fairly small hotel rooms in Hawaii, and this was a wonderful change from that. The rooms were spacious and lots of space for a family to spread out, especially with small children.

I would recommend this resort to anyone, but especially for families or couples travelling together.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family