“This is the place to stay”

Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Elk Grove, California
“This is the place to stay”
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We knew which beach we wanted to stay on, but picked the hotel based on reviews and pictures. We made our reservations online with the hotel. Very easy. Our room was to be a 1 bedroom ocean view in the tower, however when we checked in they informed us we had been upgraded to a ground level, one bedroom ocean front. I can not emphasize enough how much of a difference that made. The room was BEAUTIFUL, all newly remodeled with a giant walk in shower and multiple shower heads. There were two LCD large screen TV's, all the lighting dimmable, granite counters, luxorious kitchen and two double sliding doors that opened to a private lanai. We were a 10 second walk from the pool, 15 seconds to the restaurant and a full 30 seconds to get to the beach! No stairs, elevators or hallways. Just open the door and you're there. The beach is wonderful and feels very private. No crowds and lots of familys. Our 14 month old had a great time and I always felt she was very safe. You can rent anything, like paddle boards, snorkel gear, boogie boards, right there on the beach.
The staff was quick and helpful as we needed a crib, high chair and a repair to the screen door. All requests were met.
We used the kitchen just like we would have at home. There is a Safeway Supermarket about 3 miles away. One big shopping trip and we were set for the week.
There is a free shuttle that will take you to the resort side of Kaanapali for shopping, fine dining and checking out the over priced, over crowded fancy resorts.

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it with this... on Maui, this is our new "place to stay"!

One word of caution, each unit is individually owned and not all owners have spent the kind of money it takes to make their unit luxorious. We were unit 192 in the Emerald building. That's where we will be staying.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank tmtrice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
seattle
Reviewed 18 December 2010

This was our first trip to Hawaii and we absolutley loved Mauii and the Kaanapali Villas!!! Beautiful beach, spacious and comfortable condo, lovely pool & grounds. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank traveltheworld95
Portland
Reviewed 14 December 2010

This was our second stay there. The fist time we got a mediocre condo and didn't except much more, but this time we got a really nice one. It was wonderful. Room service is very nice and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank pdxtraveler7474
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2010

The Staff is so wonderful here! You will love it! They have done some great remodeling with no disturbances what so ever. The new lobby looks wonderful and they are and still upgrading, but no need to worry you would never know they where doing construction. The property is great ! You will love it!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Shena_2010
Victoria
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The hotel is great. This is our second stay and we'll be back. The condo was clean, well equipped and comfortable. The restaurant is a island favorite and the fish sandwich is amazing.

• Stayed November 2010
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 November 2010

After ready many hotel reviews, and doing a thorough price comparison, I chose the Kaanapali Villas for my trip to Maui, and I am so glad I did. This place is wonderful! I stayed in the Banyan building, which I prefer over a high rise hotel. It is only two stories, had a full kitchen, and a large balcony with a breathtaking view of the pool area and garden. It saves you a lot of money to forgo the ocean view. And you are still very very close to the beach. It was so quiet in this location, because it is a back from the beach and the larger pool. It has a pool and hot tub right there too. It was updated and beautiful. The room had granite counter tops in the kitchen, completely modern and clean like any of the best hotels I have been in. I am very picky about lodging. I like to stay in a place that feels luxurious and this place fit the bill. I felt so comfortable and pampered. And the price was amazing!! Check the hotel website for specials. Also when you check in, ask for an updated room. If you don't like the room they give you, go ask for a different room. We got lucky and the first room we were assigned was a dream! All I was expecting was a one bedroom and we actually got a loft with a bedroom and full bath upstairs, and a small bedroom and full bath down stairs. It was great to each have our own bathroom. All the construction on the lobby was complete by the time I got there, and it looks beautiful. The gift shop was newly opened and had great prices on souvenirs. You can pick up many great trinkets to bring back for gifts, for under 4 dollars; calendars, mini tikis, hair flower clips....we were surprised at how low the prices were. The beach there is beautiful, and the hotel restaurant is right at the edge of the beach, and the food is great. You will be so happy if you stay here. It is a great value, and so perfect! the grounds are immaculate too. It has a very nice relaxed feel, and many tall swaying palm trees to make you really feel like you are in the tropics!
We went to the "Drums of the Pacific" Lu'au at the Hyatt. I highly recommend this one. And be sure to get a VIP ticket, it costs a little more but you get a front row seat and first in line at the buffet. This lu'au is really well done.
Also, don't miss "Warren and Annabelle's Magic show" !!! Even if you don't like magic shows, it does not matter-- GO SEE THIS SHOW YOU WILL LOVE IT! This is a really funny and entertaining show, and be sure to get the "Royal Flush" package, that includes the most amazing drinks, food and dessert!! you will not be able to eat it all, but you will want to! Please be sure to book your tickets in advance on their website, because it sells out a week in advance, and believe me, you don't want to miss this incredible show! I am still smiling just thinking about it.
We also took an afternoon boat to snorkel at Molokini on, "the Pride of Maui" and it was so fun. Only a 3.5 hour trip so not too long, which is good for me since I don't like to be on a boat all day. Plus it there were only about 21 of us on a large boat so plenty of room and the food was fresh, grilled burgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs and all you can drink, beer, tropical drinks, you name it ! and the cost was only about 40 dollars. The crew was really nice, and you can rent any equipment you need right on the boat. We thought it was a great deal, we went to Molokini. Saw lots of pretty colorful fish. Yes, I had a wonderful vacation, and I am already planning my next trip. I will definitely be staying at the Kaanapali Villas. It is a beautiful place to be. You will love it there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank macmurphy17
Penticton
Reviewed 6 November 2010

This was my first trip to maui, I came with my parents who have been to this hotel 3 times before. I love Maui and this hotel made my experience that much better. The staff were friendly, the food, beverages and service at castaways was excellent. The pool was always very clean as was the hot tub, and the beach front was amazing. We had room 111 which was very spacious and always cleaned daily. The housekeeping staff was very promt when we asked for clean pool towels and it was lovely sitting out on our deck for breakfast every morning.
The only thing that was a little frustrating was the weather which was obviously not the hotels fault, it was a little cold and rainy on somedays but it was still warm, and the hot tub was lovely when the outside was a little colder.

• Stayed November 2010