The hotel itself is very nice. The location has beachfront access, 2 pools, an on-site restaurant, and the landscaping is filled with palm trees and flowers. We stayed in the Coconut building. Our room had a nice King size bed, a full kitchen (with refrigerator, stove, and microwave). We also had a lanai looking out at the smaller pool. The beach is awesome, very little rocks like the rest of Hawaii. We saw numerous whales right from the hotel beach! Whaler's village is a 15 minute walk down the beach, right past Black Rock.
The downside to the hotel we felt was the service. First and foremost, the power for the hotel was out for over a day. I know they can't control the weather or the time to fix it, but there was no communication from the hotel staff about the outage. I had to go to the front desk to ask. Also, the outage forced the cancellation of the free Mai-Tai social. I was very much looking forward to this, but it was not rescheduled, simply canceled. During the outage they didn't clean the room or provide fresh linens, either. Finally, during the outage the creatures of the jungle decided to come out to play. We found a huge roach in our shower (which we had to take by iPhone flashlight) and a small dead lizard in our entryway (inside the unit). Yuck.
Make sure you take into account the $9 a day resort fee. This covers parking and the internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina