“Papakea Resort - L302 Awesome!”

Aston at Papakea Resort
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
denver, co
“Papakea Resort - L302 Awesome!”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We had the pleasure of staying in condo L302 in Papakea Resort this month. The grounds are lovely, the condo was terrific and the oceanfront view and whale watching was amazing! Rented through VRBO, and would definitely return! Realized after we left that we hadn't updated the owner's guest book (it might be due to the fact we were evacuated the night before we left, due to tsunami threat?) Really enjoyed and recommend the unit.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sfarns303

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Upon arrival, checkin was smooth and informative . Unit G103 is privately owned and stocked with coolers,flippers,boogie boards,beach chairs. The layout is great, roomy for a family of four, BBQ area is great as is the choice of pools.
Upon checkin(Saturday) we inquired about the kids camp which is offered on monday and thursday. We were given a brochure detailing the ages and activities the kids could do.
We were told we could book the next day for the Monday camp .
On Sunday we went to Aston kaanapalli to book and ask a bit more about it. We were told we could phone and make a reservation for the kids or just show up the next day at 7:50 am to book for the 8:00 am camp.
We left a message with the kids camp reservation line stating our unit and contact info. We did not receive a call back so assumed everything was on.
We had made plans for us while the kids where away for the day.
Upon arrival at the kids camp we gave our unit number and were informed that since our unit is privately owned, insurance would not cover the kids. They were very disappointed not to be going , as was I . My husband had left already to golf and had the car and I had spa treatments booked which I had to cancel.
When I told the front desk my dissatisfaction with the misleading information, I was given a , oh sorry, and was rudely spoken to.
The resort it self is great yet the front desk clerks could be more informative and not hand out info that doesn 't apply to every unit.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank lindyloo9596
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I stayed at the Papakea last week and had an amazing customer service experience. Not only is all the staff friendly, welcoming, and terrific at this resort, but the Concierge made my trip! When I left to go to Oahu, I realized too late that I had forgotten my eye glasses on the night table next to my bed. I called housekeeping, who was holding on to my glasses for me, then Troy Yamauchi, the Concierge. Troy immediately leaped into action, retrieved my glasses from housekeeping, obtained the proper shipping materials, and at 2:00 had my glasses ready for UPS to pick up. Although I am sure that Troy had lots of other guests to help that day, he made me feel like I was the only one. Thank you, Troy, for saving my trip and for being the highlight of my stay! Your guests are lucky to have you and all the other wonderful staff at the Papakea!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 6 March 2011

There are nicer hotels/resorts on Maui no doubt about it but Papakea is also very nice and well worth the money. It is ridiculous what some resorts charge for half the amenities. Not every room here will be the same since many are individually owned and the views will of course vary but this is a great, relaxing, resort with everything you need. Why stuff yourself into a 300/400 square foot box when you can have 600+ with a full kitchen and living room. They have nice propane grills around the pool to use, elevators, hot tubs, tennis courts and beach front views. Great mix of people, adequate FREE parking, great location, security, family friendly, and much more. It is far from the airport is the only negative I can find. We saw whales breach from our patio, heard waves crash at night, met nice people and would come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Willcox1
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We spent 2 weeks here - loved it very much !! the condo was great - the gardens are gorgeous. We saw whales from shore every day - it amazed us each time !
the grocery store across the street has everything .
We loved the access to the long walk way along the beach and hotels nearby.

We wish we could go back already! a wonderful place to wind down, renew your energy and your spirit !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 March 2011

This resort was so great. Given that a trip to Maui is pricey, I loved having a kitchen where a few meals could be made at "home". Everything was so clean, I felt really comfortable in the condo. The prices were great for what you get too. The pool is nice. There is sort of a "beach", although it was a little bit of a disappointment since high tide comes all the way up over the beach sands, but it was pretty cool that you could walk down the stairs over the stone wall and be IN the ocean! Loved being a short drive to Lahaina as well, and spent a ton of time there. I don't remember having any problems with the staff, although I checked in rather late and it did take kind of a long time. Housekeeping does a good job, although I don't think they were there every day, which isn't really a problem. It was great to have laundry in the unit as well. I thought the bed was kind of stiff and uncomfortable, but the bathroom was wonderful (although a bath tub would have been a nice feature). Overall, I would definitely consider staying there again if I wound up back in that area, and would definitely recommend it to others. Just make sure to read up your reviews on specific units, since some are definitely more well-kept than others. I wish I could remember which unit I had.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Just wanted to let you know that our stay at Papakea was most excellent, as usual. We can’t say enough about your Misty, you have a gem there Jim.
As my mother stays on at Papakea when Tom and I come home she changes to a smaller unit. Misty makes sure she has either her new unit ready early
or that she can stay in the existing unit later than 11 am. I can’t tell you how good that makes us feel as my Mom is getting a little older it’s so nice to
know that she is takin care of by Misty. I just wanted to let you know that you are very lucky to have her as your front line spokesperson, in having our
own business we know how important that is.

Aloha and we look forward to our next years stay at Papkea.
Ann and Tom Lowery