Let's start by noting what IS okay with Papakea! The views are terrific, we needed to upgrade to a different room as ours had some "plumbing" issues, so the new room faced the ocean. The grounds are well maintained and the putting greens are lovely (even though you need to pay $$ for the putter and ball which is puzzling as they charge you a daily fee for recreation). We enjoyed the shuffle board game as well.. There is a supermarket and coffee shop across the street that you can go to as there is no, and I mean no, restaurant or eating facility at the resort!!
As noted by others recently, the resort is outdated and badly in need of updating! The first room we had, had issues with the plumbing so we went to the customer sevice office and they upgraded us for $20/day to a 1 bedroom which apparently was a deal! Not sure about most people's experience, but usually when there is an issue, the move to another room is not a chargeable fee, even if it's an upgrade!!!
As for a beach, there isn't one! A beach to me is a place that you can take a towel, sunscreen, chair, etc., walk out from YOUR resort and enjoy. There is however a beach that you can use that isn't far away, but it is not at the Papakea!!
We spent the majority of our time at the pool (remember, there is no beach), we do not have small children, and there were many occasions when small kids were playing and not "bothering" anyone, when they were approached by staff that they could not continue whatever they were doing. I didn't see anything happen that you don't see at any pool around the world!!!!
WIFI, you needed to be facing a particular way in your room for this to work, if you turned sideways, it just didn't work.. Very frustrating.
As for the "no noise" after 10:00, absolutely ridiculous, so if you are going to bed at 9:00, and DONT want a beautiful room, resort, restaurant, beach, free putting, excellent running toilets, and FUN, then this is the place for you.
We will definitely NOT be staying at any ASTON resort anywhere, ever.
VERY DISAPPOINTED GUEST!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle." This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. Facilities Use and Cleaning Fee: A daily facilities use fee and a one-time housekeeping fee $89 (plus tax) will apply. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina