L-205 We rented through VRBO and i am pretty sure that the condos vary greatly. It appears that they are independently owned and updates, quality and supplies depend on that owner. Ours was GREAT.
We awoke every morning looking up to a beautiful sky and waving palm trees, sometimes singing birds and of course sounds of the ocean, which was great for going to sleep to as well. Our unit was a 2 bedroom/2bath on the 2nd floor. Wonderful views, and although it is on the ocean our owner specifically told us that a swim-able beach was a short walk to the left (it really is a SHORT walk). Snorkeling is possible right in front of the building but I would recommend it for more experienced snorkelers with appropriate gear.
This unit was supplied to the roof. We went grocery shopping, to come back and find that we "doubled up" on a few things. Yes they even had mayo, ketchup and jelly in the fridge. Bathrooms had everything you needed and it appears that everyone that comes leaves something to replace something they used. It didnt stop at regular supplies either. There were boogie boards, snorkel gear, pool and sand toys ect. Kitchen had best amount of kitchen utensils/cookware as anywhere we have ever stayed (and that is a lot).
As far as the rest of the property, I had no idea that it had the "Aston" name on it. The are 2 pools, one heated, one not; a hot tub/jacuzzi at each and grills (really nice and clean..gas); beautiful grounds; and very helpful, friendly front office/main desk staff.
I would recommend a car. There are tons to do on Maui, even if you dont drive all they way across or around. Lahaina is about 10 or so minutes away for a wonderful luau and shopping. Hana Rd starting point is about 45 min away. Like to snorkel? There are tons of great snorkeling beaches in this area in 5 to 25 minutes away.
On the immediate road in front of the property is a grocery store(Times), it was actually cheaper than the store in Lahaina. There is a famers market on MWF from 7 to 11am to get fresh fruits, veggies and really good fresh bagels home made jellies and the like. On other days and later in the day the market is still there just inside and the people are very friendly and attentive. Walmart is about 25 min away. Between the three places you should be set, especially for a family of four like us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle." This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. Facilities Use and Cleaning Fee: A daily facilities use fee and a one-time housekeeping fee $89 (plus tax) will apply. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina