My husband and I traveled to Maui for our anniversary trip. After faithly checking this website for reviews on the Papakea, I'm so glad we booked here!! It was absolutely the best rate and view I could've asked for. We had a studio oceanfront room, A103. It was perfect on the first floor. We would just walk out to the lounge chairs everyday or go for a walk along the beaches. This was our first time with a condo and it was a great experience. We ate breakfast every day on the patio & watched the sunrise. At night we'd open the windows to hear the beach waves crashing. I think I'm still on Island time lol!
Yes, there is a seawall in front of the property, which wasn't a problem at all. If we wanted the sandy beaches, we only had to walk to the properties next door. We were informed that any beach in Hawaii is open to the public, the hotels do block off or limit anyone to be on them. We had a breakfast orientation with Expedia, and Chip was very helpful with our bookings. I definitely recommend the zipline with Piiholo Zipline. It was our first time & the guys were great!!
Our room had full accommodations and plenty of closet storage for our luggage. I bought a bag of Kona coffee & realized the next morning I had mistakenly gotten the whole bean instead of grounds. Thank gosh our room had a coffee grinder, what a relief for a coffee lover! Anything I came across, we found in the room. The staff was very friendly as well.
ABC store is within walking distance & we made plenty of trips. There are markets in the area, but I recommend Safeway for the best prices. Ask the cashier for the rewards card if you don't have one, they'll give you an app on the spot & you'll save alot more. Downtown Lahaina is about 10 minutes away. It's great for some nightlife & late night shopping. You can park behind the Maui Theatre shopping center for $4 for the entire night. Don't get stuck paying a high rate per hour. Plus, most restaurants will validate, giving you a 2hr time span.
Overall, we paid a great price for our stay and I'm extremely happy we decided to stay here. Since my trip is over, I'm jealous of anyone who's planning to go here in the near future lol! Aloha!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle." This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. Facilities Use and Cleaning Fee: A daily facilities use fee and a one-time housekeeping fee $89 (plus tax) will apply. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina