I'm sort of apprehensive to write this review because I want to able to rent this unit again! But I can't help but let any potential renters, with understandable trepidation , know that this was a great unit (K203). We had read reviews for other units at this resort and were concerned we might find this to be on the list of "Won't go there again".
We had read the staff at the check-in desk was not particularly friendly or helpful to those renting condos from private owners, but we did not find that to be true. They were kind and helpful.
There were a few things that could use an ungrade or minor repairs, but this unit was perfect. It was a joy to sit on the lanai in the morning, drink coffee, and watch the ocean and the kids in the pool at the same time. Everything we needed was in this very clean condo, it had its own keyless entry, the A/C worked wonderfully, and the beds were super comfortable.
The grounds at the Papkea are kept superbly and it was only a short two minute walk to the beach. Eveything you need is within a short distance from the condo such as: ABC or ITimes store on the main road, snorkel rental next to ABC, farmers market, and a short drive north to Napili for most excellent snorkeling with turtles). If you want to venture a little farther, it was only a tad bit further drive to Lahaina were you could do all the touristy stuff and find do better prices for groceries at Safeway at the Old Cannery Mall.
My only suggestion about the grounds is: if you want to use the barbeque be sure to get one early. They fill up fast so plan ahead if want to get one at dinnertime.
To summarize, we would go there again in a minute and would rent this privately owned unit again. Enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle." This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. Facilities Use and Cleaning Fee: A daily facilities use fee and a one-time housekeeping fee $89 (plus tax) will apply. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina