Just returned from a great stay at the Ali'i! We stayed in unit 1-131 and it was fantastic and updated. The suite was large, clean and very cozy. We loved hanging out in our suite and it really felt like home. A considerable difference from our friends unit #2102 - which was NOT updated. Had I got this suite, I think I would have felt VERY differently about our stay.
Pros: location, location, location; amazing cleaning staff especially Amelda :), beautiful grounds, easy parking, great gym, lovely tennis courts, beach access, beach chairs, towel service, bbq area. The bed was SO comfortable - perfect sleeps!
Cons: no onsite restaurant but close enough to Whalers village, front desk staff was unbelievably rude and needs a strong lesson in customer service. Pool was adequate but given the size of the resort it should really be a bit bigger. There are very loud Luau's next door a few times a week; thankfully they end at 8pm but if you are travelling from another time zone this could feel much later especially on the first few days of arrival.
We paid extra for a late check out due to a late flight and that made a world of difference to our overall enjoyment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina