“Unit 392 is terrific with great ocean, pool and mountain views”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kaanapali Alii

Kaanapali Alii
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Oakdale, California, United States
“Unit 392 is terrific with great ocean, pool and mountain views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We just returned from a relaxing week on Maui, including a wonderful stay in a "partial ocean view" condo at the Alii in Unit 392.

This is a beautifully decorated one bedroom that appears to have been recently updated with high-end amenities, from granite counters to stainless steel gourmet appliances.

The furniture is stylish, comfortable and practical. The kitchen is fully equipped. The king-size bed is wonderful with a lovely view of the ocean.

We also had fantastic views of the ocean, beach, mountains and the nicely landscaped pool at the resort next door (Marriott's Maui Ocean Club).

Because this unit is on the ninth floor and on the building's corner, there are spectacular views from the lanai, family room, dining area, kitchen and bedroom. It's much more than just a "partial ocean view."

It was worth the price. When we return to the Alli, we will request Unit 392 again.

Room Tip: Insist on a recently updated unit – like 392 – that has high-end new appliances, furnishing and deco...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OakdaleFolks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Indonesian first
calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We just got back from 11 days at the Kaanapali Alii. We were given suite 132 when we arrived. The king bed in this suite is like a waterbed, no support. After four nights the staff was able to move us to another unit and everything was fantastic. This spot is wonderful. The staff is incredibly accommodating, the location is excellent and the overall resort is so well maintained. There is a beautiful beach walk right out front and we walked it everyday. Restaurants close by, Safeway is a ten minute drive, lots of activities for all ages. The whole experience was positive and I would return here. My husband felt that the units could have been a little cleaner. Our fridge had food in it, the wine glasses had lipstick on them and some of the cooking pans needed to be washed.

Room Tip: Both of our rooms were large and had wonderful views. As mentioned, suite 132 needs a new bed unles...
2 Thank jeo
British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Just returned from a great stay at the Ali'i! We stayed in unit 1-131 and it was fantastic and updated. The suite was large, clean and very cozy. We loved hanging out in our suite and it really felt like home. A considerable difference from our friends unit #2102 - which was NOT updated. Had I got this suite, I think I would have felt VERY differently about our stay.

Pros: location, location, location; amazing cleaning staff especially Amelda :), beautiful grounds, easy parking, great gym, lovely tennis courts, beach access, beach chairs, towel service, bbq area. The bed was SO comfortable - perfect sleeps!

Cons: no onsite restaurant but close enough to Whalers village, front desk staff was unbelievably rude and needs a strong lesson in customer service. Pool was adequate but given the size of the resort it should really be a bit bigger. There are very loud Luau's next door a few times a week; thankfully they end at 8pm but if you are travelling from another time zone this could feel much later especially on the first few days of arrival.

We paid extra for a late check out due to a late flight and that made a world of difference to our overall enjoyment.

Room Tip: Apparently, you cannot pre-select a room but I would try hard to get an UPDATED room with non-tradit...
4 Thank tooareist
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We rented a private condo over the week of Thanksgiving and this place was amazing! A hidden gem. Right on the beach, that isn't crowded, and only a short walk to Whaler's Village and Hula Grill. Gorgeous view and a beautiful place!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AuntieNA
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Wow! My wife and I have travelled the world and stayed at plenty of top notch resorts, but the Alii was just perfect! We were lucky enough to have a 2 bedroom ocean deluxe condo right on the beach. Everything could not have been better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Clark B
West Richland WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We just returned from 5 wonderful days at the Ali'i. We had heard and read wonderful things about it and I was concerned we would be disappointed. It was everything we heard about and more. We went for an Ocean Front two bedroom and the view and accomodations were spectacular. We were on the third floor which gave us an unabstructed view but was still below the canopy of the palm trees.The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we never once felt they were only interested in tips. The beach area in front odf the Ali'i was the best on Kaanapali and we were very convenient to Whaler Village and other areas of interest. We definitely will return and give it our highest recommendation.

2 Thank MJCZLawrence
Sitka, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

'Alil' is the word that Hawaiians use to describe 'royalty' and during my recent stay at the Kaanapali Alii, I was always treated like royalty! And another Hawaiian word that helps me to describe my stay at the resort is 'Na Ka 'Oi', which translates to mean 'the best'!

From the moment I arrived and all throughout my stay, my experiences there were always the best of the best all around me. Every aspect of the resort was impressive. Every staff member I saw displayed the real spirit of aloha.

The cleanliness, the amenities, the service and more were all more than enough for me to say that I fully enjoyed my time there and I will be looking forward to my next visit at the Kaanapali Alii.

I've been all over Hawaii and I know what to expect....the Kaannapali Alii is my highest recommended resort to anyone visiting Maui.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Tim S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Montage Kapalua Bay
#12 of 32 in Lahaina
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,887 reviews
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Westin Maui Resort And Spa

Been to Kaanapali Alii? Share your experiences!