We've been here three days now, and are enjoying the experience. Everyone is nice, and the resort is overall kept up nicely. As did others, we used a Costco package deal for this trip. Things to keep in mind include the following. We're here in low season, and see that the pool area can get crowded early when the resort is full. There is no poolside beverage service, and poolside/room service is from a limited menu from the adjacent Westin.
The condos are not all alike, as each owner puts his/her touches on their unit. Ours features dated furnishings which are OK at best. Part of the appeal of a condo is being able to prepare meals instead of going out for everything. The resort has 8 grills in a well-maintained area, and you can dine in an adjacent covered area. However, the utensils and such in our unit's kitchen are marginal at best; if you come here to cook, as we did, you'll be disappointed; I'm glad I brought a good knife. The bare minimum of cheap glassware and utensils are usable, but only just so. Bring your own spices and such to save hassle. And forget Safeway; go a mile north to the Times Supermarket, and half a mile past that to the fish market.
Maid service is good and efficient. The rooms have high-speed internet connections, but wireless sucks unless you are on your Lanai or at the pool; they need to upgrade service here. And if you have young kids, be aware that the pool set ups for kids at the adjacent Marriott and Westin are far superior to the Ali'i.
So would we return? Likely, as despite my gripes, it's a nice place, but there are other places we'll try first. The main point of this review is to let you know about the stuff that's not obvious in the literature. You can have a great time here if you are prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina