“Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!”
Review of Kaanapali Alii

Kaanapali Alii
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Every once in a while you hit the lodging jackpot. I am thrilled to say we did it at the Alli. We were in a 2 bedroom oceanfront condo on the seventh floor. We were greeted with beachfront ocean vistas every time we looked out the large panoramic windows. The gentle ocean breezes on the spacious lanai filled our senses and cooled our bodies. Each night we were lulled to sleep with the sound of the surf. The condo was spacious, had beautifully appointed furnishings and every kitchen necessity. The community grilling area near the pool was immaculate and stocked with grilling necessities like tongs, paper plates, napkins, spices and cups. There was a grill master each evening who was please to assist with advice on spices and techniques to compliment your skill level. The staff was welcoming, professional and made you feel like a full time resident. The pool area was beautiful with a separate adult pool and jacuzzi area. The family pool and jacuzzi was where we spent most of our time. There was even a shallow pool especially for toddlers. Beach chairs were provided and even transported for you out to ocean front seating. The tennis courts and fitness are are amazing. We will definitely return, hopefully soon!

Room Tip: If the ocean front option is not affordable, the partial ocean view would be great as well.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank swimdog04

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Couldn't fault this place...we had stunning views from our fourth flour balcony, a tastefully decorated condo with all the amenities, very comfortable for 6 adults, gorgeous beach to swim in right out front or choice of pools, 5 minute walk from Whalers Village...we really couldn't have asked for more! We loved our retreat here after the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, Maui is just paradise...and this condo topped it off. Can't recommend it enough - the staff were amazing, we were so well looked after. I would suggest a car for ease but probably not essential.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom ocean front condo on this property. It was our annual "sisters" trip - there was four of us - and we had a blast! The front desk staff were very friendly - we were taken shown around the property and taken to our condo where we received a great introduction to the resort. The condo was wonderful - plenty of room, updated kitchen, and very clean. There are two pools - one is a quite pool for adults only - both were very nice. Pool staff was very friendly. The beach was great and very convienent - good snorkeling - I saw a green mommy turtle with her young one as well as colorful fish. This property is a great location on Maui - short driving distances to the rest of the island. There is a cement beach walk to other hotels, restaurants as well as a shopping area called Whaler's Village. We would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here with my family during a Christmas and New Years trip to Maui. The place was very welcoming, and when we first got there, a concierge took us up to our room, and gave us an in depth introduction to the resort. The room was very nice on the inside, the walls consisted of mostly mirrors, which was a bit disorienting when I first walked in, but I got used to it. The resort was just across a sidewalk from the beach and about a five minute walk from Whaler's Village. The hot tub was very relaxing, and I loved the ocean view from our room. It was a great place to go for walks from, and the beach, with the big waves, warm water and soft sand in the ocean and on the beach was a great place to drink five beers and go for a nice swim in the ocean. The warm Hawaiian sun and the beach and resort made me quickly forget the harsh landing the plane made on the way over. It is the place I would suggest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed at Kaanapali Alii during September, and I can honestly say that it is was an amazing, unique experience. First, the location couldn't be better, just a few minutes from Lahaina, and literally on the beach with great views of Moloka'i in the distance.

The property itself is a number of buildings that are actually condos that are rented out throughout the year like a hotel, so you get the comfort and amenities of staying in a condo (laundry, multiple rooms, kitchen, living room, BBQ, gym and tennis court access), but it feels like staying in a hotel (daily cleanings, front desk, short-term rental availability, etc...)

While I was there their awesome tennis instructor was up for a pickup game with me on the courts while he was waiting for his next lesson, and he was a lot of fun to talk to and get to know. The nearby gym was immaculate and is a great resource for those who like to stay active during their trip. Finally, the rooms and property were all first-class maintained -- a truly beautiful and memorable place to spend your time while in Maui.

Room Tip: Obviously, if you want to see the beach, ask for a beach-facing room, or if you want to see the hill...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MattStabile01
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We just returned from 10 days at the Kaanapali Alli, and it could not have been more perfect for our 45th Anniversary! We did our booking through Kay Ryan (mauikay.com) and we would do that again in a heartbeat! She made sure (with her connections) that we got an updated, high floor room (we had 2101) which was a one bedroom Oceanview room, but the den also had another double size bed in it along with a closet and it's own bathroom. We had a magnificent view of the pool area, the beach, and each morning the entertainment of watching the activity of the cabanas getting set up, along with the activity on the beachwalk. Kay not only made sure we had an excellent room, but also spent weeks before our trip helping us decide on the activities we would do while in Maui. She lives in the area, so is aware of the best of the best, and everything we did, was based on her recommendation. She was the hidden gem of Maui, as far as we were concerned. She even has connections to someone who will grocery shop for you, and you can arrive with your food in place. We didn't use that because we stopped at Costco, and mainly ate out, but it was a nice service. Even though whale season was officially over, the day she stopped by to introduce herself and bring us our activities vouchers, she spotted a whale and a baby right from our Lanai. Now, THAT's service!

Mahalo to Kay, and the wonderful staff at the Kaanapali Alii - especially Chris, who greeted us as we drove up late with, "You must be my people from Minnesota!" and brought our luggage to our room, and gave us a complete tour, along with getting us signed onto the free Internet. Also, there is NO parking fee here. We also ate at 3 restaurants in Whalers Village (Leilani's, and Hula Grill (both the outside dining, and the barefoot grill), and one of our favorites was the Tiki Terrace at the Kaanapali Beach hotel. You can't see the sunset from the dining area, BUT they have a free show which was wonderful, and probably one of the best places we ate - both service and food, although all of them were wonderful.

Room Tip: A high room helps you see over the trees. Also building one and two look over the pool, and buildin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexsNana927
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I absolutely loved my experience at Kaanapali Alii. I'd never been to the Hawaiian islands before and this hotel is the first place I visited after arriving from the airport, whoa! I was blown away to say the least. My room was incredible, I spent every evening listening to waves on my balcony and I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Duzercruzer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa

Been to Kaanapali Alii? Share your experiences!