We traveled straight through from CT to Maui which took 18 hours total. By the time we arrived at the Kaanapali Alii it was 10 pm Maui time and 4 am to us. We drove up and Chris greeted us by name at the car as if we were family and sent us in to check in while he unloaded our car and parked it. At check in they informed us we had been upgraded to a premium oceanview room (I had booked oceanview). Chris walked us and our luggage up to our condo, pausing along the way to point out things on the property such as the pool house, etc. (He even asked if we were hungry and if he could get us something to eat) He really set a great tone for our entire vacation. We then arrived in our absolutely beautiful and HUGE condo (number 265). Granite, tumbled marble, stainless steel, brushed nickel, new carpeting, comfy beds. In the morning we saw the ocean from the living area and second bedroom and mountains from master bedroom and kitchen. It was absolutely the most beautiful, quiet, and relaxing place I have ever stayed in. All of the staff was wonderful. We had a couple of small maintenance issues (running toilet, broken thermostat) and they were there within minutes to fix them. The location is great as it is between the Westin and the Marriott and it's easy to use their amenities, you can even sign them to your room. The property at the Alii is small and pretty and quiet. Pool is not great but there is an overhaul planned for that in the near future. Beach is gorgeous and not as crowded as other spots along the resort strip. We were so sad to leave. If we ever make it back to Maui, we will definately stay at the Alii again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina