Lahaina Shores Beach Resort good location, nice rooms but vary considerably. We were originally given a room on the 2nd floor, a room with very basic décor and only a double bed. When I stressed that I had requested 2 beds with the reservation, we were told none of those rooms were available and given a room on a higher floor with a king-sized bed and slightly better décor. The beach was pleasant. This is a great hotel for those who do not need a fancy resort with a bar, restaurant, and golf course.
The only negative aspect of our time at Lahaina Shores was the shortage of parking spaces. Many of the cars in the lot never moved while we were there. I wondered if people had rented cars for a week, primarily to reach the hotel from the airport, and rarely used them otherwise. We rented a car for two days in order to visit Haleakala. The other days, we traveled around Maui on the public Maui Bus system. There are several routes, but not enough to be confusing. One route has a stop not far from the hotel; buses on the other routes can be taken from the shopping center in the middle of Lahaina. We saw many tourists staying in the resorts north of Lahaina taking the public buses, but few taking it from Lahaina. Maybe people are not aware that it is available. (Be aware that large suitcases are NOT allowed on these public buses.)
Lahaina is now my favorite town in Hawaii, surpassing Hilo; both are classic towns evocative of the Old Hawaii. Though Lahaina and the Lahaina Shores Beach Resort are very nice, I doubt that I will return because the high prices are not justifiable to me – even given the distance and cost for shipping food and materials. One less tourist in Hawaii, and more room for those of you who love it, and can afford it. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to oceanfront living right in the heart of Lahaina Town. Lahaina Shores Beach Resort is a landmark in historic Lahaina town. This ocean front condo resort features spacious studio, one bedroom and one bedroom penthouse condos with full kitchens and oversized lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lahaina Shores Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lahaina Shores Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Lahaina Shores Maui
- Lahaina Shores Beach Resort Maui