“Quanit, great location, great restaurants, great shopping nearby”

Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I stayed at Lahaina Shores which ended up being perfect for us. The is the second time we have stayed here. First time was back in 2008 and received the same service. It's a great hotel with execellent customer service. I loved the location because it was close to some of our favorite restuarants and shopping. We ate at I'o which was so amazing. We also saw the Luau that they put on. Really, a great show! My favorite part was finding this little hidden gem! Went shopping at a store called Maggie Coulombe the first time I stayed here and purchased some Sophie Grace Maui jewelry. It's just goregous, hand made pieces with kind of a beachy (almost Santa Barbara meets Maui) feel. It's so chic looking. Complete strangers stop me in my path when I wear this particular necklace. Anyways, come to find out she doesn't sell her stuff at Maggie's anymore. Found out she's at the Grand Wailea Resort poolside. I traveled there just for her and got a few more pieces. I also found out she has a website too. It believe it's sophiegracemaui.com Definitley worth a look. I can't wait to come back to Maui next vacation!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 21 July 2010

Stayed here three nights at Lahaina Shores Beach. Paid $160 (too much). Not impressed. I say pass. Other reviewers are off mark. Stay somewhere else!

Cons: dirty carpets, pull down beds (yikes!!), uncomfortable mattresses, no restaurants, no bellhop on full time call, tiny pool, loud construction next door, out dated 80's furnishings, loud AC system in room, $8 per day park, etc. No free Wi Fi either! $10 per day for ethernet (outrageous).

Pros: location, good balcony ocean view, kitchenettes, and that's about it.

Lahaina Shores Beach Hotel ... Hello! You need work.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monte R
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My Friends,

I was fortunate enough to win a trip to Maui this year. Our company sent us to the Ritz Carlton for several days. A supreme place at $400.00 a night plus.
We came one day earlier so I had to find a place to stay for that night. I picked LaHaina Shores. I got lucky. This is the place to stay if you want a traditional Maui vacation that feels like home. What a view and the beach it right there. The rooms have kitchens and the beds are the best. For my money this is the hotel to stay at. Shopping and dinning is right down the street.
Craig

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank cmonk7
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I realized I didn't write a review of this place when I stayed here last year. Needless to say, I am still thinking of it! My boyfriend and I loved staying here. We booked an oceanview room and boy, was I glad we did! We woke up, bf made me breakfast, and I just got out of bed and went outside on the lanai to have omelets while looking at the wonderful view of the water, palm trees, and island of Lanai next to us. It was the most wonderful start to the day. As for the room itself, it was extremely roomy for us. I loved the kitchenette. It had everything we needed in there. We went to Safeway and stocked up for the week and it saved us so much money that would have been spent on eating out. Also, sometimes I get sick of restaurant food so it was good to cook our own food. We did not use the pool because it was being worked on, but we did go down to the beach one day. It was small but we didn't mind. Reception was very nice, especially Allyson K.
The bath products smelled really good too. Front Street was full of places to explore and we did a lot of that. Also, I highly recommend a visit to the AKL lavender farm in Maui. It's so gorgeous and I spent over $100 at their gift shop! All in all, we had a wonderful trip. I'd love to go back there again once construction is finished. The one thing that I didn't like about the hotel was the construction which was two doors down from us. It was a little distracting to eat breakfast on the lanai and have a wonderful view but hear drills and hammers. That was the only thing we didn't like. Otherwise, I'd want to come back!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

If you are lookiing for a resort with golfing, marble lobby, overly exaggerated landscaping, and making you feel as though you are a big shot, then go somewhere else. If you want a REALLY friendly, comfortable, family atmosphere, then stay here. You will feel important here primarily because you'll feel like you are at home. Great location, can walk to everything, but not noisy and the beach right in front is great. Staff was always available and helpful. We will be back, there is no other choice.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foodhry
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My husband and I had an amazing week at Lahaina Shores. We drank fine wine in downtown Lahaina, ate breakfast next door view of the ocean, treated like royalty by the staff and greated with an amazing rainbow over the mountain view. Walked the beach every morning, swan and snorkled, attended the luau next door, even had an hour massage. Never had a better time and at a great price. Will be back and highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Lahaina Shores Condos was perfect. Second floor ocean view. Fabulous! Walking distance to dive shop and tourists shops. Great! Employees at location, Friendly and courteous. Staying at the Lahaina Shores....priceless

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kihei
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Lahaina Shores Beach Resort? Share your experiences!