Having read some of the negative reviews, was a bit concerned about what we would end up with, but were very happy with our studio unit. Ask for #203 if you want a studio, it was very roomy, had a separate kitchen and bathroom and a large balcony with great ocean views. The rest of the unit was very generous in size as well – a king-size bed with 2 chests of drawers, a love seat, a lounge chair and a dining table for 2 still left lots of room to move around. Granite countertops in kitchen and bath, new tiles, the whole unit seems to have been completely renovated within the past couple of years. The owners had left some guest books in the room, which are always fun to read. We really enjoyed reading about the owners’ frequent visits and experiences as well as those of other guests. Plus there were some great tips/reviews on area restaurants there as well. The Aston Mahana is located in Honokowai, about 15 minutes from Lahaina, and the pool area, beach access, amenities are all fine. There are 3 or 4 big stainless steel bbqs for guests to use, and a free DVD system. You can walk along the beach for several miles, and there are coral reefs right off the beach for those who enjoy snorkel/scuba. Lots of colourful fish, big sea turtles, etc. Whale sightings are very common during mating season, we were there near the end of the season and were disappointed not to see any whales. Then on our last day, we finally saw a pair breaching in the distance! We had 2 maintenance issues with our unit, and I have to give the management full props for their quick response. The A/C wasn’t working, so we notified the front desk on the first morning and there was a repairman there within the hour. We also noticed some extra guests in the dishwasher area (okay, there were some bugs) – very common in tropical climates, don’t let this deter you from the Aston. Again, we notified the front desk and we were contacted by pest control almost immediately to see when it would be convenient for them to access the unit without disrupting our vacation. Whatever they did, we never saw critters during the rest of our stay. We had also requested extra pillows and hangers when we made our reservation, and everything was provided as asked.
Because this is a condo hotel, there is always the chance you will end up with a unit that is badly in need of some TLC. We were lucky to end up in 203. I would suggest you read the Room Tips on TA and request a specific room when you make your reservation just to be safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. An array of onsite amenities include swimming pool, jet spa, covered outdoor barbecue areas, and tennis/pickleball. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina