“Best Place to stay in Maui”

Aston Mahana at Kaanapali
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 12 September 2012

VIDEO of ROOM: http://youtu.be/PMj7Phs54lM
If you are looking for a quiet place to relax with all the comforts of home this is the place. My wife and I looked at the other big name-brad accommodations and while they had very glamorous lobbies and pools the rooms are just hotels rooms. Aston Mahana at Kaanapali is a home away from home. If you are looking to come to Maui and enjoy the island adventures then spend the evening relaxing with one of the best views of the sunset on the island this is the place. The staff was very friendly. When we got there we asked for a room on the highest floor they had available and we got a room on the 7th floor. On our fist day we attended a free breakfast hosted by the local Expedia expert who went over the more popular activities on the island and had special promotions available. The hotel has one pool if you want to take an evening swim after returning from your adventures on the island. There are multiple gas grills so if you feel like grilling something yourself its all free to use. The room has a fully stocked (as in dishes and such) kitchen with range, microwave, refrigerate and dishwasher, oh yea and a blender and toaster. Also a washer and dryer with complementary detergent so don't over-pack because you can wash you clothes in your home away from home. Yea I know some of you might say I don't want to do laundry on my vacation but I am not a fan of hauling around a bunch of luggage, my wife and I like to travel light if possible. We plan on returning to Maui and this is the place we plan on staying again and again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vasile N
There are newer reviews for Aston Mahana at Kaanapali

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We just returned from a week stay here at the Mahana 9-1- thru 9-8. If you are searching for a condo close to the water, facing the water, you will not want to look any further. This place is fantastic for all requirements of a vacation. We stayed in #506, 1 bd., 1bth, kitchen, dining, living rm and a great Lanai for hanging out in which is so private; I basked in the sun in the raw. You are facing the West, and from dawn till dusk the views are out of this planet. I took several pictures from inside the living rm and from the lanai. Should you be interested in any pics, I'd be glad to share them, feel free to send me a request. The service here at the Mahana is so pleasurable, you will be greatly impressed, w/ their customer service.The tourist age group is various, but no loud parting or disruptive, unruly behavior anywhere. You can hang out in so many places, shade or sun, it's very accommodating. Should you hanker for a tropical drink, wine, beer etc. I'm here to tell you it's 1 block away in all directions. There is a store named Times, you'll see it when turning into the resort. It has all of your needs, regardless of what they are, packed into one store.The food on the island is everywhere. Would be glad to make recommendations if requested. Make sure to go to Duke's a block from Mahana on the boardwalk (a must walk at night, it is very romantic) be sure and ask for the gate key to the boardwalk. One might add.....at Dukes.....the fish tacos for lunch and Risotto for dinner are to LIVE for!!!! We have stayed in Maui 3 times out of 6 trips to the islands and the Mahana receives our vote for return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justjo-7
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stay on 7 floor at an upgraded 1BR suite during late May. Rooms are spacious will full kitchen, washer and dry. So don't expect to be a full service resort kind of pampering. But Staffs are friendly and ground is well kept. Can't say enough of the ocean view from your private balcony, we end having few meal out there. Also walking distant and right across from supermarket and fishmarket, so took full advantage of the kitchen and the BBQ grill by the pool. It saved us some food cost to subsidy the excusion while on the island. We have a lovely stay there.

Room Tip: book an upgraded room may cost a little more but closer to what you have at home
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MUJI_ENO
Reviewed 7 September 2012

September, 2012.
This would have been my fourth trip with my handicap mother to the Mahana. I want to write this review so that you can see how wonderful and caring the Manager, Mark and staff are at this property. Mom and I booked this condo back in March. We were both so excited about returning and this time we were spending two weeks here. It was my retirement gift and Mom's dream of Hawaii.
I worked with Rose, Reservation Manager during the year to secure a condo we call our second home.
Rose, Mark, and Karen at the front desk have been so kind and accomodating. I even called Susan the Expedia rep in lobby for help for airfare to Kawai.
I cannot say enough about this property and the people that run it. They go the extra mile and Mom and I were so sad we had to cancel due to Mom's serious health issues.
The property is always so clean, the condos exceptional, the views fantastic.
If you need anything, let them know and it is done.
We have made many friends and will truly miss our Mahana this year.
The location is fantastic, the new beach walk is wonderful and you are so close to many restaurants, Lahaina and Kapalua.
The staff sent us e mails about my Mom and told us they would hold our information for our next visit.
I can't say enough about the professionalism of this property. Mark the manager is an asset to Mahana.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CantonLady
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Booked with Aston based on a review of Maui hotels on trip advisor. The room 515 was a good size and had upgraded apliances etc. It had two bathrooms and as mentioned in nearly all reviews terrific views of the ocean. We felt extremely comfortable at the resort and all the staff were very pleasant.
The room was well maintained and clean. The washer and dryer and dishwasher were great and supplied with powder daily.
We will definitely return and I was a little frightened to say nice things as I didn't want to let the secret out and spoil our hopes of getting a room next time. Loved that it was quiet too even though occupancy was fairly high.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gghorse
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Mahana for 4 years, every year we check other accomodations and have happily returned to the Mahana as our favorite. The staff is gracious and helpful, good concierge knowledge, terrific views. We prefer the ground floor as it is nice to have the lawn come right up to our lanai. Just a few steps to be on the lawn and lounges, easy and close to our unit. Swimming beach is close, can be accessed through the gate or walking directly to easy steps to the ocean. There is public transportation into Lahaina if needed. Easy to make reservations directly with the company. We do request a certain unit and have been given the requested unit every visit. Mahana's staff does try to please their guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 5th floor if you do not want to take a chance of view being blocked by a pa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed in the Mahana room 604 in March / April of 2010. The view from the room was spectacular to say the least. The windows went to the ceiling and the view was all glass. It was the best view we have ever had on Maui.

But other than that, the hotel had not much else to offer. The rooms were older, the room smelled a little musky from perhaps an older AC system. The pool was in the shade most of the day since it is sourrounded from 3 sides of the hotel and the pool was definitely not for kids. It was very windy here too. The hotel is also outside of the boardwalk. To get to the Ka'anapalli board walk you must walk on the beach around the hotel or go all the way through the parking lot. This would not be a problem for most but since we had a stroller with our 1 year old it was difficult.

Overall, although the view was priceless. The hotel had little to be desired.

Room Tip: For this hotel, the higher up the better. Great views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family