We stayed here early Jan 2014 in room 902. We hired a car from the airport and initially found it difficult to locate the Mahana, and ended up at the hotel next door!!
The room was spacious and clean with full kitchen. The view was incredible, we felt we were literally on the edge of the beach on top of the ocean. The only complaint I have for the room is the window furnishings- they were only thin white roll down blinds which light easily shone through so as soon as the sun rose the room was lit up very early.
Location is great, right on the beach with Duke's just next door and a supermarket across the road.
The pool is not large, we only used the beach a little further down however there are plenty of lounges in front of the Mahana for use. Parking was free and there were plenty of car parks at night and the wifi was easily accessible in our rooms.
The only negative I have with the hotel is the concierge. My understanding is that a hotel concierge is to assist the guests at their hotel in whatever way they can. Susan gave us a great outline of the island and activities we could do- however was very pushy towards the Expedia activities that could be booked through her. We had already booked a luau and a kayaking activity prior to arriving. We also hired a car with the purpose to drive the road to Hana. We felt as though we were shunned for having a car and tried to be talked into paying for a tour to drive us as the drive 'was too hectic and you can't enjoy the views if your the driver'. Being from Australia and having to adjust to driving on the other side of the car and road, I would have been very disappointed if I did in fact take Susan's advice and pay for a tour rather than using the car we had paid for. The drive was easy and breathtaking- even as the driver I was able to take in so much and stop regularly at lookouts.
Furthermore, when I asked Susan a question about the Tournament of Champions Golf Tour that was on in Maui at the time of our stay, she became somewhat cold once she realised I wasn't at her desk to book one of the tours. She was abrupt and was quick to say she "didn't know anything about it" and grabbed me a brochure and gave it to me. I asked about if I could just buy a ticket at the gate "I don't know" and how to get there "Get the shuttle next door". Not a pleasant nor welcoming experience for hotel guests- I haven't encountered this with any other concierge at a hotel I have stayed at worldwide.
Overall, great location, well-appointed room and spectacular views. Would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the seclusion of this beachfront condominium resort where each custom-furnished oceanfront suite features floor-to-ceiling windows and a private lanai with panoramic views of the Pacific and Maui's magical sunsets. An array of onsite amenities include swimming pool, jet spa, covered outdoor barbecue areas, and tennis/pickleball. Nearby attractions include Lahaina Town and the Sugar Cane Train. At the Mahana, you can experience the tranquility of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aston Mahana at Kaanapali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Mahana At Kaanapali Aston
- Resortquest Mahana Kaanapali
- Mahana Kaanapali
- Aston Mahana At Kaanapali Maui/Lahaina