Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I were here this October on our (verrry late) honeymoon and this place rocks! Hawaii is known for its beaches and blue waters and this place has numerous pools and the beach sand is just a few feet away..

We stayed in an ocean front room. Unlike other hotels that promise an Ocean front room and have you ending up watching the beach from a mile away, this one got it bang on.. it was a magical experience to sleep listening to the sound of the waves in the night.. You wake up in the morning to a cabana filled beach front.. The front desk is really helpful. The hotel property itself is picture perfect.

Chances are you might never want to step out of the hotel here...

Room Tip: It is worth every penny to stay in that Ocean front room...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sindhuja_raman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,938)

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We just returned from our trip and even with my high-hopes and jaded view of the resort due to the endless research on the internet, I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Molokini tower in a newly refurbished 2-bedroom with oceanfront view for 6 days. I will try to break this review down in parts for easy reading.

Location: It cannot be beat if you are staying in West Maui. We went to three different beaches to snorkel and the best snorkel spot was smack in front of our hotel. Just walk out from the pool on the path past the food/area and bam - best snorkel spot for turtles. My husband and friends encountered HUGE turtles (3 to be exact) about 20 ft from the beach. It was amazing. Watch out for early morning surfers!

There are not many restaurants at the hotel but we ate at the pool a few times and thought it was good. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel (Whaler's Village) or a short car ride away (Front St.).

Room: Yes - the new couches and pillows are hard and uncomfortable but were not in Maui to sit on couches but when we used the couches for the pull out beds...oh my, these pull out bed mattresses are far better than what I slept on growing up and are similar to the expensive memory foam type beds.

Our room view was amazing. The living room and one of the bedrooms had full ocean view and the 2nd bedroom had a view of the pool and ocean. We spent a lot of time out on the lanai enjoying the view then in the actual room during sunrise and sunset.

We did have 3 bathrooms which we utilized to the fullest extent since the water pressure to one of the shower heads in one of the rooms was weak. The bathrooms had plenty of towels and extra towels can be found in the cabinets underneath the sink. The mini-kitchen was okay - wish there was a stove but we got by okay considering we had 4 kids with us.

Pool: Plenty of space, variety, hardly packed, fast fun water-slide, lots of hot tubs, and fun for the kids. My small complaint is that they use gravel in the pirate area which wasn't fun to walk on especially for small tender kiddo feet. I suggest that they replace the gravel with sand or take it out all together.

Construction/Parking: I saw construction people but did not see the actual construction or hear or was bothered by any of it. I guess we were very lucky. As for parking, I am just happy I wasn't the one driving. The parking spaces were tight...you've been warned.

Overall: Huge thumbs up for this resort for families with kids. Way to go Marriott!

Room Tip: I would recommend the Molokini Tower due to the convenient access to main areas, spectacular views...
8  Thank Sara L
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We had a one bedroom suite in the two-story older part of the property. We (4 adults) were very comfortable. Lovely views of the mountains. Small kitchenette suitable for doing breakfast and coffee. Easy access to the great pool and the beach. Parking was free adjacent to our building. This was a great affordable choice for the Kaanapali hotel region.

Some of our party stayed in the newer villas and liked them very much.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view room, which was just fine with us and very quiet. Ocean view rooms will over...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SebastianDallas
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We absolutely love this resort and just recently returned for a second vacation here. In my opinion, they have the best location along Kaanapali Beach. The pool areas and beach views are great, especially on the Napili Tower side. They have a huge oceanfront lawn with plenty of chairs and hammocks and the sunset views are always stunning.

My only complaint is that they are way over the top on the "vacation ownership" solicitations. They have people stationed at the elevator entrances and towel stands, and every 50 or so yards along the beach walk. We were solicited at least five times each day (plus three different calls to our room) with the same question - "Have you scheduled your vacation ownership viewing yet?" I guess we could have said yes the first time and faked interest for a discounted snorkel trip, but that's not our style. We want to come back, but do not want to face the constant pressure to become vacation owners, so will consider other options for our next Hawaii trip.

3  Thank dfan44
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Just finishing a 7 night stay and listening to incessant pounding, drilling, workers yelling back and forth and trucks backing up with a beep, beep, beep. Hardly relaxing. Granted, we are indoors for an hour or so each afternoon due to a 4 year-old nap time...very surprised she can sleep through this.

Staff has been great, though not too understanding on the noise level, management always seems surprised when we bring it up.

Overall, we really like this hotel and the kid friendly ammenities and great location, but stay away until the construction is done.

Room Tip: Avoid Lanai tower at all costs
4  Thank SoCalFamily32780
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We traded our timeshare for a week in Ka'anapali. Marriott is predictable. You know what level of quality to expect and can sometimes be pleasantly surprised by over-delivery. The rooms are spacious and clean. They were going thru a refurb and we got a newly finished room-quite pleasant. In fact, wife and I agreed that we could have easily gotten by with less space. Having said that, the Maui Ocean Club is an almast perfect place for a multi-generational vacation. A Hawaiin vacation is all about the pools and the beaches. Maui Ocean Club has that down. There are what seem to be acres of pools, waterfalls, bridges and ponds to explore. There is a large pirate ship for the little kids. The beach is right there and there are a variety of places to enjoy the sun. Kaanapali Beach is populated by the big resort chains and is secure and clean. No problem in my mind to cut the teens loose for a few hours. There are plenty of activities for all ages. There are several excellent restaurants within a 10 minute beach walk. Night life-albiet-slightly tame can be found nearby. Highly recommended for families.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachboy
Reviewed 26 November 2011

The best place I've ever stayed. This is a ten. I spent a week at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club and would recommend it to everyone looking for a great resort experience. The staff, the room the view, (I even had the Island View) was spectacular. Great Beach, great pools, great dinning. This is what I want when I go to Hawaii. The only only complaint was the parking for the Napaili Building was very limited, but a parking garage was available at the other end of the property.

Room Tip: The room at the end of the hall is the one to try to get, spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank rettbergj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
2 mi away
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
#10 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers? Share your experiences!