Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel helped make our stay in Maui a memorable time! The hotel/room was extremely clean. Location was a perfect location. Though there was valet parking, we chose to use the parking garage which was easily accessible and not too far out of the way, once you got the hang of it. The front desk was extremely helpful and all employees we associated with were extremely helpful and pleasant. Would go back again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Lanai tower which could use a facelift. Exterior rather drab. Ocean view king room was very nice, spacious, with a kitchenette. Pools were great, 3 to choose from. Hammocks on property were relaxing and inviting. Pool bar and Starbucks by the pool. Easy walk to Whaler's Village for shopping and restaurants ( there is a restaurant on property). Beach in front of hotel is a bit rocky but easy access to better sand next door.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Mbfeldt
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is my favorite of our timeshares. We have now stayed on all the island and each time we long to end our visits with a relaxing week ant the Maui Ocean Club. Services are great, facilities are awesome. We stayed in a two bedroom villa Napili Tower. We used the beach chairs for the week and longed to see a whale but we were about three weeks early. Oh well, next time we come in February as I am told they will have many many just off shore. Guest services was great and I love the Starbucks addition and modifications to the beach grill. The shops at the Whalers Village were all occupied with many upper brand names and local shops. Food was great. Aloha, until 2015.

Room Tip: Any room is good because you should be out on property most of the time.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Food (***/**): nice breakfasts, pretty good lunches, go to the mall next door for dinner.

Drinks (****): loved "Big Swell" IPA. Was pleasantly surprised to see such a specialty brew on a limited menu.

Location (*****): within walking distance of a wave break point. Visit Wal-Mart on your way in or use a duffle-bag to carry your own Boogie-Boards; renting them is very expensive. Surfing instruction is also top-shelf. Buy reef boats off Amazon for $20 a pair - well worth it with the underlying coral.

Pools (****): best we've ever seen. Neat slides and pool shapes. But, it seems they initially forgot to create a hot tub as there's only a very small one in the adult area.

Rooms (***): smallish, but quiet.

AAA (0): avoid this desk. I can't believe they're pushing only surfing lessons several miles away when there's a kiosk offering the same right next to one of the pools. They also stated there are no coffee plantations for touring: not true. There's one you can drive through within 10 minutes of the hotel - highly recommend and the residents are inviting.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Massage! They built a new cabana at the South end of the property in front of the Lahina Tower. It was wonderful to have a relaxing massage and be able to hear and see the ocean as part of the experience. However, you do have to put up with the construction from the Hyatt next door. They are building a timeshare as part of the hotel. Marriott owns the land, but the property is all Hyatt. I toured the project and I must admit I was tempted. After my disaster with a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas/Solmar, I wouldn’t recommend purchasing a timeshare even to my worst enemy. That being said, I recommend if you have the option, you might want to stay in the Napili Towers instead of Lahina. The project will be completed January 2015, so warning till then.
Pool and Café – Starbuck’s is now on the Beach Walk. Good news for those of you who can’t wake up without a latte. Of course, you’ll have to pay for it - $5.70 for a Venti Latte. The saving grace, you can charge the purchase to your room and get extra points if you use your Marriott Credit Card. The pool is still a blast and they improved the wristbands for owners. You get silicone bands like those given out non-profits. It’s a nice souvenir.
Longboards is still managed by Marriot and they are improving the marketing. Wednesday nights the first 80 patrons in line save $5 on the Surf and Turf dinner. Personally, I would rather pay the extra $5 for a reservation and fewer people. The food hasn’t changed. It is still basic pub food and not that great. We still use our certificates to get a few deserts, but we don’t eat there. Marriott board is in the process of getting a new chef/owner into the space, but they have yet to sign a contract. Will it happen? It is still to be seen. Keep your fingers crossed. What are they waiting for?
Annual Meeting – Yet again they have elected the same “good ole boys” Board of Directors. If they aren’t current/past Marriott Employee, they are part of the male fraternity. I know because I have tired to get on the ballot for the past four years! No it’s not sour grapes, I was past condo president, MBA, CFO, CMPE, Director of Finance and business owner. I admit I was impressed with one of the candidates this year, but ‘she’ didn’t have a chance even with all her experience.
Marriott Maui Ocean Club is one of the best properties in the Marriott portfolio. I arrive a couple of days prior to my “week” to unwind which is wonderful, but it means you have to check out at 10am but you can’t check in the next unit till 4pm. Luckily the staff can refrigerate your groceries while you’re waiting. If you have the chance, by all means, stay there. You will not regret your choice! Wait should I say so many nice things? I want to be able to be able to stay outside of my guaranteed time!

Room Tip: I've heard that the ocean sounds increase as you go up floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MishMishKitty
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had not visited this area in awhile and we found the Marriott Maui Ocean Club- Ka'anapali Beach to be the perfect location. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they seemed to be very fond of working here and try to make your experience the best. Napili tower is great and of course anyone that has ever been to Maui knows about Whaler's Village which is about 5 minutes away. We are not 'in to' using the property's on premise grills but assume they can be useful to some large families, being so close to Lahaina there seems to be no reason to cook out when the you have some of the finest dining options on the island so close. The parking situation can be cumbersome but the valet staff is always available if you cannot find a spot. You cannot go wrong with selecting this property, go now if possible as it is low season.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HI1959
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I just spent 7 days at Marriott Maui Ocean Club.....it was fabulous!!!
Marriott did this right. Lots of resorts down this beach, but Marriott has the best beach front,
the prettiest property, best full views of the ocean from balconies, the cleanest pools, and they have enough pools sprinkled around the resort that adults do not have to share a 3 ft deep pool with children unless they choose to. Beautiful water falls in the pools, coming over the natural looking rocks, and a poolside bar just feet from one of the nature adult pools.....Oh, sorry, I was drifting back to Marriott. Any way, the Marriott people took great care to pamper their guests so that people like us would never think of going any where else.
I have already started planning my next trip.

Room Tip: There are NO bad rooms here. Ocean views are lovely but the land side also has a lovely view of the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Redinging
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Montage Kapalua Bay
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers? Share your experiences!