“BEST vacation ever!!!”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Newberg, Oregon
“BEST vacation ever!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff and even received a beautiful flower lei ( and I arrived at 1:30 AM. My room was at the perfect 72 degree temperature with the fan running quietly. The bed was comfortable and extra blankets and pillows were available. Everything worked. Internet speed was excellent. TV had many channels including premium channels at no extra costs. But I wasn't there to stay in my room. I was anxious for morning to come so I could check out what looked like a beautiful resort. I wasn't disappointed. It was fantastic! Pools everywhere, even one with a bar and one with a pirate ship for the kiddo's. Water slides, water falls, bridges and garden pools. Beauty surrounded every inch of the grounds all sorts of flora and fauna. There were shops of all kinds. 3 restaurants, even a Starbucks. There was something for everyone from 2-20 or 8-80, options galore always something happening. Yet there was a peaceful calmness. Many, Many places to sit quietly and read or rest. Hammocks to Beach cabana's it's all there to enjoy. So many things to see and do and that's just on the Hotel grounds a short 10 minute walk along the beach will take to you Whalers Village a nice shopping and dining area where you can find just about anything. I can't say enough about the staff. They were polite, courteous and eager to please. If they didn't know the answer they knew someone who did. Towels were provided clean everyday. Shacks for suntan lotion, to scuba lessons, to surfing lessons. ALL right at the resort. I can't say enough about this terrific all encompassing vacation paradise. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Upper Tower rooms have the best views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jackie H
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Aloha Jackie! We are happy you had the best vacation ever at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club! Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again soon in Hawaii!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
San Francisco
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with two bathrooms. There was a queen size sofabed to accommodate another two adults. The hotel grounds were immaculately maintained. There were a number of pools on the grounds; and the beach was easily accessible.

Each room had a refrigerator and microwave. There was a community kitchen close by for stove top cooking or baking, with large counter space for food preparation. And there are gas BBQ grills around the property for outdoor cooking.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Optoko
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Aloha! Thank you for your positive review and pictures of Marriott's Maui Ocean Club! We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hawaii!
Saranac, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just returned after 7 days at the Marriott. We are owners in St Kitts and did an exchange that took 14 months to come thru. We were given just 6 weeks notice but that wasn't Marriott's fault. We were notified of the possibility of a construction?ocean view. That is what we got. The construction was not loud or offensive but it distract from the limited ocean view. All said and done this was not Marriott's fault and someone had to stay in that room. Staff was very friendly and helpful with the exception of check-in. This gal was just not a happy camper. As I stood in line you could tell she was not in a good mood and I kept telling myself I hope I don't get her but as fate is, I was next for the crouch. She mumbled handed my door keys and parking pass and said the bell men would take the luggage to the room and then looked passed me and said Next to the person in line. I just took it with a grain of salt and not let her ruin my time and started on my adventure of finding my room. We had a lovely 2 bedroom with a full kitchen, very clean and nice to live in for the week. The elevators did break down often but we were on the 2nd floor so the steps weren't bad. The location is great, the beach wonderful and everything is close. We would stay again in the Marriott.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with full kitchens
2 Thank Karl J
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Aloha and thank you for your TripAdvisor review Karl! While we are happy you enjoyed the location, we apologize for the service you received. Your feedback will be shared with our front office leadership and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to Hawaii.
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Facilities were very nice, clean and the staff all friendly and helpful. I originally booked this location partly due to the pool and waterslide but my kids (13 &14) were really not interested in it as much as I thought they would be. The slide is nice but small compared to some I saw at other resorts- but don’t let this deter you. The pool is amazing and the pool bar located in the center was a nice oasis to have a cocktail and watch some sports (they had Time Warner so we were able to watch the Dodgers vs. Giants!)
Great location! If you are not familiar with Ka’anapali- this is a wonderful spot- golf, whalers village, black rock- the other resorts… all within walking distance and the Safeway in Lahaina only a couple of miles away to get groceries. What we found however, was that we had booked Snorkeling, Zip lines, a luau and a trip to Haleakala, so we were not utilizing the grounds themselves too much except for few days. Be wary of this as you are paying for a great spot, but you may not be there much if you plan on going around the island during the day.
The BBQs mentioned are numerous and throughout the resort in groups of 2-4 but you have to find them (not on any map so I did a recon trip to locate them all). Be sure and get one early. There were none available when we tried to cook so we had to wait until a family was done with their meals and move in.
Wifi signal throughout the resort was helpful as well. Kept us from eating up data (Did I mention the 2 teenagers?)
While we did not hunt down specific on-site activities, one of the few disappointments was that there was really no avenue for my kids to interact with others aside from walking up to someone and saying hello. Consequently they were by our side most of the time we were on the resort grounds. Didn’t bother me but I’m sure they would have had more fun had they met someone to hang out with.
The Giant Chess Set was a hit- my daughter learned to play chess and was constantly requesting a rematch. My son and I used the gym- one of the best I have seen at a hotel/resort type facility- Cardio, universal and some barbell free weights.
Definitely recommend it and will most likely return.

3 Thank gnswhite
Thank you for sharing your family’s experience with us! Our team is happy to hear you had a great time on your vacation in Hawaii. And we know how important the wifi can be with teens! Please visit us again at Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club!
mjremenesk
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First let me start with the fact that we are Marriott Waiohai Vacation Club owners. We love our property and have always had a great guest experience. Unfortunately this property didn't compare to what we are use to. We had used the Interval exchange and decided we'd like to try the Maui property. Excited to try a new property I called to confirm. I asked if I could upgrade to an ocean view based on all the reviews I'd read. I was willing to pay extra. I was told no chance you aren't a member. I explained that I was a member in Kauai. I was reminded again that NO you aren't. Upon check-in we were greeted by a friendly staff member, however she spoke so fast that I didn't understand where she told us to park or how to find our room etc. We stubbled around, found the parking lot and our room in 25 minutes. Very frustrating. In an unfortunate coincidence the next day we found a pregnant lady wondering around looking confused at her property map. We asked if we could help. She explained she had been wondering around for 20 minutes. Marriott's miss - assist your guest when they arrive. What happened to your adoption of the Ritz Carlton Customer Service Model? Our room was a 1 bedroom in the Lanai wing on the 3rd floor. View from room was garden/hill view however there is a large construction project going on right past the parking garage. Beware, as during the week you can hear construction. This isn't the properties fault however you should be aware. Additionally, the night prior to our arrival I received a call from guest services asking if I'd be interested in making an appointment to preview Marriott's Destination Timeshare pitch-thought we'd did this when we purchased our property. I guess Marriott had to come up with another marketing scheme and perhaps if you purchased this you'd be treated like an owner? Told her I was at dinner with my family and didn't have my schedule. How about I make an appointment when we arrive. She wouldn't take no for an answer and then finally conceded when I asked her to please stop at which point she just hung up the phone. Again, poor customer service. One day we ventured to the pool. We saw some private cabana canopy type lounge chairs that looked inviting. We went to the pool attendant to see about reserving the chair and again the message was If your an owner it's one price, however for everyone else it's a higher price. Mind you I don't have an issue paying ........but $60.00 for a chair with an umbrella - wow. The property is in a nice location and ideal for families. Just be prepared to be treated like second class Marriott guest if this is not your home property.

Room Tip: Ask when construction is over at the property next door and request a room not in the Lani Wing buil...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank mjremenesk
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Aloha and thank you for your TripAdvisor review! Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations when it came to service. We value all owners, regardless of where their home resort is located. Your feedback will be shared with the appropriate managers so we may continue to improve upon the experience for our owners. Thank you again for your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Malibu, California
Reviewed 13 April 2014

decent property, but be careful of what the sell you re ocean view rooms. We are on the top floor, but basically have a view of the side of a building with an ocean peek. Avoid any high room number. Our wing went to 9020 and we were in 9019. The only shot of a good view was if the folks in the building directly across from us opened all their windows so we could look through it.

We asked to be relocated and they could not do a thing. frankly a mountain view room would be superior.

Room Tip: ask lots of questions about what your room view really is.
10 Thank Paul F
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Aloha and thank you for staying at Marriott's Ocean Club. While we are happy to hear your stay was enjoyable, we apologize the view did not meet your expectations. Our Customer Care team would be happy to look into this for you and can be contact at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Granger, Indiana
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Modern, clean, safe and well run property. Our kids loved this place. The beach and views are some of the best on the Island. The Longboards restaurant was just average, but plenty of options close by. Lots of picnic areas with propane grills for guest use, perfect for feeding a family without eating out every night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank kneub373
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers? Share your experiences!