“Great beach location.”

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
“Great beach location.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a terrific room on the ground level - no ocean view - but super convenient to walk out to the pool and the beach. Every morning I walked out my lanai and was on the beach with my coffee in less than a minute. Very nice room - 2 bathrooms, kitchenette, dining area, living room area, and separate bedroom with lanai. The gym was really well equipped. The parking is pretty lame if you don't use valet, and like cruise ships, there are always jerks who save all the chairs and umbrellas at the pool, then don't show up for hours. Hotels need to establish a policy about this and stop making guests deal with these folks who think they're "entitled" hog everything for hours without using it. People would be so grateful to hotel staff if they would take care of this without forcing people into confrontations on their vacation. We're on vacation, not interested in brokering peace talks around the swimming pool. If you can't afford a cabana, then don't act like you're entitled to all the shade in Hawaii in July.

Room Tip: Don't turn your nose up at a ground level, garden view room. They're the most convenient fo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sally5450

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We are in Maui for first time in the summer. August is much hotter than our usual time frame of January. Checking was a breeze. View from our 9th floor two bedroom is fabulous. Fully stocked kitchen is handy. We are facing a hurricane and the hotel is making plans to take care of us. Great place to stay with kids. Kid pools great. Sand oceanfront is great for building castles.

Room Tip: Napili tower are the newest rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ByBrown
Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We bought our timeshare here before the points program and come here as often as we can. We have a one bedroom which is great but has a kitchenette. They have built a community kitchen but we didn't use it. We did use the grills. We love it here. My only criticism is their insistence on a sales presentation even for owners. I bought, let me enjoy! If I want to buy more I will let you know. They need to back off especially owners. Also they don't really make owners feel special and the push for the presentation is part of this. They need to be less greedy and more appreciative.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jazz40
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here at the resort for two weeks. During this time we occupied an ocean view studio in the Lahaina tower on the 5th floor and a one bedroom ocean view in the Lahaina tower on the 6th floor. At these levels, we could see the ocean but palm trees blocked most of the view of the beach.

The studio had a king bed and a queen size sofa bed. Both were comfortable. The bathtub, toilet, and vanity were all in the same room. There was a small bistro table with two chairs. The mini kitchen had a nice sized small refrigerator (bigger than dorm room), toaster, 12 pot coffee pot, microwave and small sink. There were dishes/silverware for 2. We had a balcony with two chairs and a smaller end table. The room was spotless upon entry! Our midweek cleaning was great as well.

The one bedroom contained a fully stocked kitchen and washer and dryer, a dining table with six chairs, a queen sized sofa bed, a king bed, two separate bathroom vanities/sinks, large jet bath tub, and shower. Again, spotless upon entry. And again, our midweek cleaning was great.

Around the resort I saw staff cleaning things such as the legs of the barstools at the bar and the metal baseboards of the elevators.

New, compared to two years ago, were the DVD kiosks in the lobby of the towers. For free, you could check out new-released movies.

The list of weekly activities for kids were wonderful. My kids are 9 and 7 and they had many fun things to keep them occupied when they tired of the pool or beach. Some activities included: wii tournament, crafts, bingo, family fued, and slide races.

For adults, they have yoga practically every day. They also had some sort of water exercise everyday except Sunday. These are all free.

The beach in front of the Marriott is not that large in terms of depth but I happen to love it. The sand is so soft and the sound of the waves is very prominent. The waves are more for boogie boarding than floating. If you walk out far enough in the ocean you will walk on rocks/coral. But for smaller kids to use to boogie board, there is room to walk out to catch a wave and they won't step on rocks. Many people snorkeled right there at the beach in front of the Marriott.

The reason for my title being "pretty much perfect" is because I would like to see more shaded lounge chairs at the main pool. I know I was in Maui and at the pool/beach, but after a few days of all-day sun, I wanted to shield my skin a little bit. This did not ruin my vacation at all, it is just something I wish.

All staff from the towel shack, housekeeping, recreation, security, restaurant/bar, bellmen, and aloha ambassador were all very friendly and welcoming!

The resort is a short walk to Whaler's Village where you will find several restaurants: Leilani's, Hula Grill, Maui Pasta and Seafood, and there are several more. We only at at Leilani's so I cannot speak about the others, but I would recommend the fish tacos at Leilani's.

The resort is a short drive to Front Street where you will find many restaurants and shops.

Along the Kaanapali Beach you have access to surf lessons, paddle boards, jet skiing, parasailing, and snorkeling.

We are already looking forward to our return trip. Nice job Marriott!

4 Thank miamivice2011
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your five-star review! We are happy to learn that you and your family enjoyed our activities as well as the many amenities at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club! Your feedback regarding our staff is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the team at the resort. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Almost everything about this hotel resort was excellant - location, pool, service, freindliness of staff and cleanliness. The only detrimental issue about the location is that the beach is very small and water is pretty rough at this location. The resort charges $35 per day to rent two chairs and an umbrella. The first day we got there, late in the day, I "accidentally" sat on one of the chairs because I did not know about the fee. I was asked to move because "someone was coming back" to use the paid for chairs. I apologized and moved to a towel. 10 minutes later he moved the chairs off the beach. A lot of good PR could have been done, since it was the end of the day, by this resort if he would have allowed me to just let me sit there for a short period of time. I can recommend this resort to "pool sitters" or "short term" beach sitters........however, if you are "long term beach sitters" and "ocean swimmers" - this is not the resort for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Soxworldchamps2013
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I could not be more satisfied with everything with this hotel. We had oceanfront views of the beautiful Maui beach. We had a living room, a bedroom, a fridge, microwave and 2 restrooms! Housekeeping came everyday to clean our room. We had so many activities to do within the Activity Center that my daughters and I took advantage of several of them! We especially loved the lei making of fresh orchids and the ukelele lessons. These were awesome. This could not have been a more relaxed, enjoyable environment and beautiful property! I loved every minute of our seven day stay. Thanks so much for everything. I would definitely come again to Maui if I could afford it :)

2 Thank ShortyGal
Thank you for your five-star review! We are thrilled to hear that we fulfilled your expectations during your vacation at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club. It is our pleasure to provide you and your family with an unforgettable vacation experience. Your comments are very important to us and will be shared with our team. Thank you again for staying at Marriott's Maui Ocean Club and we hope to see you all again soon!
Kauai, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel has three towers and two pools. The beach access is awesome. Walk down to the beach activity booth for sandy, no rocks access to the beach. Close to Whaler's village for shopping and restaurants as well. On site, restaurant is closed (will reopen sometime in 2014). Has a starbucks and a "quick meal" service option instead. About 12 minute drive to Lahania city center.

Room Tip: Ask for the new tower.
1 Thank tiggerblues