We have always stayed in Kihei so this was new to us. We flew in a day early and stayed at a motel just a few minutes walk down the beach the 1st night. The next day we checked in early and then toured around Lahaina until our room was ready. We stayed in the Napili Tower on the 3rd floor Island side. It was a great room. The parking kind of stinks because the parking by this tower is almost always full and the bigger garage is a little bit of a walk to this tower, but what's a little walk while in paradise. I dropped off my family and any bags we had and then went and parked.
We have 16yr old daughters and our 14yr old nephew and the only decision we struggled with was whether or not to swim in one of the pools or go to the beach. The pools are awesome! Every morning we would go snorkling down by the Black Rocks. I've snorkled in a few different places in Maui, even Molokini, and this is one of the best places. I even cancelled a snorkel trip to see the turtles, because we could see all we wanted at the rocks. We swam with 3 different turtles, stingrays, and plenty of fish almost every day. The beach is nice, but a little rocky once in the water. It gets better if you walk down towards Whalers Village to swim.
We are somewhat conservative spenders so we bought most of our food at Safeway in Lahaina, and just ate dinners out in Lahaina or Whalers Village. I did order the Moonfish from Longboards one night to go and it was expensive but great. We rented our snorkeling gear from a local place which was much cheaper for the week, bought inexpensive boogie boards at Safeway and gave them away when we left, and went to a timeshare presentation to get free tickets to a show and it was the lowest pressured presentation I've ever sat through and only took about 45 minutes.
To keep it real, the only things I didn't care for were that you have to pay for internet service in their computer room (unless you brought something with wireless), and that you have to rent beach chairs, boogie boards, etc. Just seems like they nickel and dime you a little bit with all the small stuff. Some of the places we've been before offer all of that for free.
I was a little worried when I read some of the comments on here before we left, but my family would go back in heartbeat. Overall, it's Maui, paradise, make the most out of it, and you won't regret it and there's no need to complain :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Maui Ocean Club Hotel Lahaina
- Marriotts Maui Ocean Hotel
- Marriotts Maui Ocean Resort
- Marriott Lahaina
- Maui Marriott
- Marriott Maui Ocean Club
- Lahaina Marriott
- Marriotts Maui Ocean Club
- Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers