Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 pre-teen children) stayed in this Unit for 11 days in late-May/early June. There are only 2 units in the entire complex that can sleep up to 4 people, so it's slim pickings. I would highly recommend staying on the 2nd floor as there are many people on the beach during the day (and sometimes at night) and it can get very loud if you are on the first floor.
We had a beautiful oceanfront view. There is a large shade tree located directly in front of the room, but it is trimmed and therefore not blocking your ocean view.
Literally steps to the beach. The beach is amazing. We swam with multiple sea turtle every single day!!
The condo is a bit tight for 4 people, however, we managed just fine. You cannot beat the price for an oceanfront condo on Maui. With that being said, I would not stay in Unit #205 again until the following items were addressed:
1. There is no dishwasher in this unit. We ate in for breakfast & lunch every day and it was not fun washing pots, pans, dishes & cups on vacation. With very limited counter space, it was hard to wash the dishes & have no space to let dishes dry.
2. No screens on front door or back door. Both doors have louvres which can be turned to allow air. We kept the louvres open at all times to get airflow since their is no AC. There were no screens which allowed bugs to fly in. Also, it did not feel 100% safe at night with the louvres open knowing that anyone could have stuck their hand in the front door & unlocked it since there were no screens. I checked the other units & they all had screens on the doors. Also, some of the louvres on the door & windows were jammed shut and we could not turn them to allow air in.
3. The lanai furniture is not very comfortable. Counter height and nowhere to put your feet.
Other than these items, we had a wonderful stay. I also noticed many of the other units had gorgeous updated kitchens with ample counter space & granite countertops & updated appliances. I think this unit is need of a kitchen update.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A romantic beachfront getaway for 2 on amazing Napili beach. Adjacent to Kapalua Bay & 15 minutes North of Lahaina. This laid-back, relaxing resort has guests coming back year after year who say it's the best beachfront location in Maui. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Napili Bay Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Bay
- The Napili Bay Maui/Lahaina